RCTQers PLEASE READ: RCTQ 2005 BOM Quilt

Old February 1st 05, 06:29 PM

Default RCTQers PLEASE READ: RCTQ 2005 BOM Quilt

I've retitled this post from my original to get more exposure. It was
originally titled " Simply Quilts - Billy Lauder" about the episode
where Billy talked about her internet "guild" and the quilt they made
together. It gave me an idea about RCTQ. So here is the repost under a
better subject title.

Apologies for the duplicates.

Melissa in NJ
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D

On the topic of this episode. I particularly like the idea o=ADf her
internet guild's quilt. Do we want to do something like that=AD? Like a
block (one applique for the applique fans and one pieced for=AD the
pieced fans) to do a month with a finished RCTQ quilt by the end of=AD
the year?

If people are interested I'd be willing to be the block patt=ADern
chooser. I'd get them all for the Marcia's Quilter's Cache
(http://www.quilterscache.com/) NAYY. I'd post them in a timely fashion
for each month.

Let me know if there is interest. It would fill the void in =ADmy life
from not doing the one-to-one fat quarter swaps anymore, and=AD would
allow me to contribute without the stress the swaps used to =ADcause me.
Whacha think???!!!=20

Melissa in NJ

Old February 1st 05, 06:33 PM
Pat in Virginia

Melissa:
This is my year for the UFO and WIP projects, plus
one or two on my list. So, I will not be in your
BOM group. I do think it is a great idea, and I
look forward to seeing the results!
Good Luck. PAT

wrote:

I've retitled this post from my original to get more exposure. It was
originally titled " Simply Quilts - Billy Lauder" about the episode
where Billy talked about her internet "guild" and the quilt they made
together. It gave me an idea about RCTQ. So here is the repost under a
better subject title.

Apologies for the duplicates.

Melissa in NJ
==========================

On the topic of this episode. I particularly like the idea o*f her
internet guild's quilt. Do we want to do something like that*? Like a
block (one applique for the applique fans and one pieced for* the
pieced fans) to do a month with a finished RCTQ quilt by the end of*
the year?

If people are interested I'd be willing to be the block patt*ern
chooser. I'd get them all for the Marcia's Quilter's Cache
(
http://www.quilterscache.com/) NAYY. I'd post them in a timely fashion
for each month.

Let me know if there is interest. It would fill the void in *my life
from not doing the one-to-one fat quarter swaps anymore, and* would
allow me to contribute without the stress the swaps used to *cause me.
Whacha think???!!!

Melissa in NJ

Old February 1st 05, 06:40 PM
Tina

I would love to! It would give me something else to practice and
without taking on a whole nother project and driving my husband nuts!
Sounds like a wonderful idea. And I can't tell you how much I have
benefitted from quilterscache. I think I go through that site at least
once a week and print out patterns I want to try next!

When groups do a BOM like that - what happens to the quilt? Do you
donate it to someone like a charity or fundraiser?

Tina in Houston

Old February 1st 05, 06:53 PM

If you want to....but if we as a group do this, I intend to keep mine!

At the end of the year I can host pictures of all the completed quilts
for everyone to see. It would be neat to see all the variations on
coloring and setting done by everyone even though we all began with the
same patterns.

Melissa in NJ

Old February 1st 05, 07:00 PM
Anne

Sounds like fun Melissa. More info please? (I missed that SQ episode) I
think you can count me in.

Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Old February 1st 05, 07:08 PM
Marigold

So, If I'm reading this right... we would all make and keep a different
block each month... not send them to you?
First reading I thought we would be sending them to you for a charity or
something... but it didn't fully make sense so I re-read.
If I'm reading you right now... that we keep all the blocks we make... then
I am interest... I hate to sign up for something where I might disappoint
someone if I don't get it done... but this way it would only be me that was
out!

Marilyn
oups.com...

Old February 1st 05, 07:16 PM

Sorry I didn't make that clearer in my original post. The RCTQ Block of
the Month would be where you'd make the provided block each month for a
completed quilt at the end of the year. Each month you make the block
and keep it and at the end of the year the completed quilt is yours to
keep. No mailing. If you don't get done, then it's all on you. If
you do get it done I'll post pictures of everyone's so everyone can see
how they all turned out. That's where it will be really neat to see how
different the quilts all look even though we all started with the same
patterns.

So to sum, you make it and you keep it. As the organizer I would just
be providing the patterns each month that everyone would be doing.

Clear as mud?!

Melissa in NJ

Old February 1st 05, 07:27 PM
Tina

duh, now I feel kinda silly. I understand now. I even thought that
when I walked away from the computer and sat back down at the sewing
machine. "Tina, if everyone makes the blocks, and sends them to one
person, that would be a TON of blocks for one HUGE quilt!"

I love the idea though and I still want to participate. And yes, it
would be incentive for me to make a quilt for ME, instead of one that
was given away.

Tina - coming down with this stupid respiratory infection so my head
is foggy today. I'm not always this slow!

Old February 1st 05, 08:28 PM
Rhonda Alterson

Please count me in!
Rhonda in IL, USA
oups.com...

Old February 1st 05, 08:43 PM
Patti

Hullo Melissa
I really hope this is a success, because I would like to see it continue
for a second year! This is because I would not be able to fit it in
this year. However, if I get done all I hope to get done this year, I
should only be left with my Dear Jane and my Village Quilt. So a BOM -
which I've never done - would be just great.
So, all success to you - and I hope you enjoy it well enough to do it
again!
..
In article .com,
writes