Storm @ Sea vs. Shakespeare in the Park

Old October 8th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Darlene in Pa

Default Storm @ Sea vs. Shakespeare in the Park

I don't post often, but I thought you all might like to know what
I've gone and done. I was following the thread on the S@S design, and
followed a link to view some. Beautiful, and I've wanted to do one for
a while. I went to the link to get coloring pages for S@S, printed many
8x11 pages, and worked with colored pencils on about 4 different color
ways with different aspects of the design being accented. It was lots
of fun!! I couldn't make up my mind which one to do.
Then, I followed a link to the Shakespeare in the Park. Well! I
ordered the book last Friday(29th), got it on Monday(2nd), and went
fabric shopping on Thursday. Friday I started to cut, and got the cream
strips cut. Saturday was my "friendship group" quilter get together,
and I cut the blue strips. Last night I subcut all the blue pieces, and
this afternoon I started the subcuts for the cream. Judy Martin's
instructions don't use short cuts, and since it's design is scrappy,
I'm going by her directions. Onesy-twosy. I love the original quilt
shown so much that I tried to duplicate the types of fabrics they used.
Lots of various prints, and some florals, etc. I usually lean toward
Batiks, so this is a departure for me, both in the fabrics and the
assembly. Now look at what you guys have started here! And me with a
list of ufo's as long as my arm. Maybe by the time i have this
finished, the wall elves will have returned my digital camera so I can
post a picture! Darlene in Pa

Old October 8th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

I can't wait to see the pictures. I just went to Judy's Web site to see what
we were talking about, and I could fall in love with that quit! I have
fabric to make a quilt in creams, beiges, etc., but I haven't been able to
decide what pattern. I'm looking for something that has some "movement" to
it, and I think this could be the answer!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

ups.com...

Old October 8th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I did the same Darlene - up until the getting fabric and starting
cutting part! My book is still in the bookshelf, taken out and that
quilt adored periodically! One day ...
..
In message . com,
Darlene in Pa writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 8th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Could someone please send the link to that page? I lost
mine.

TIA
--

Cheryl & the Cats
o o o o o o

"Darlene in Pa" wrote in
message
ups.com...
:

Old October 9th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

http://www.judymartin.com/Viewer-Photos.cfm
Search for Shakespeare in the Park
from the Creative Pattern Book.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 9th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Darlene in Pa

Thanks for covering for me, Sandy. I didn't remember the link. I
still have 4 more strips to cut into subcuts, then I can start piecing.
I enlarged the diagrams for me to follow, so I don't have to squint at
the book. ;-) Darlene in Pa

Old October 9th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"Darlene in Pa" wrote:

[...]

Sounds great, Darlene! I hope those mischievous wall elves take pity on
you -- we'd love to see what you've come up with.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 9th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

This group gets us into more kinds of trouble, LOL! I know what you mean, I
want to order the book this week and plan to try the quilt during 2007. I
can hardly wait to see pictures of your quilt!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green