New Earrings (links)

Old July 10th 03, 02:51 AM
BeckiBead

An earring jacket is usually worn with a stud.

That makes me.......an earring jacket!!!!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right.." -- Counting Crows

Old July 10th 03, 02:54 AM
scaperchick

Great work, Jerri!
Old July 10th 03, 07:21 PM
Deirdre S.

I tried that pattern myself, and couldn't get it right. Didn't have
the prescribed materials, which probably made -some- difference, but
mostly I just couldn't be precise enough to get it balanced and
symmetrical.

Yours looks practically perfect in every respect, like Mary Poppins.
Good on you.

Deirdre

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:33:53 GMT, "mkahogan"
wrote:

Jerri, Those are Fabulous. Very nice work.
KathyH
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have had company, and have more company coming in on Fri., so I
haven't been around much and have missed a lot stuff on the list. I just
wanted to share a couple of pics:

These are some earrings I tried making from the WAJ magazine:

www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/peruears.jpg

After I took the photo, I realized the wraps on the left one were a little
crooked, and thank goodness that was easy to fix. This is suppose to be a
beginner's pattern, but I struggled with that middle section! (I think

they
need to have some remdial patterns in their magazine! Some of us are slow
learners.)

Then I tried these earring jackets from a pattern I'd found free on the
internet:

www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/jacket.jpg

www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/jacket1.jpg

They are huge! With the earring, they are 2 1/2" long. Since I haven't
been invited to the Oscars, I may shorten them. They're just not

something
I'd wear, although I think they're pretty and dressy looking. With each
earring, I just made one first, to see how I liked it. Then I wore one
around all day before deciding if I wanted to make another. Hubby thinks
this one earring thing is a new look.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 11th 03, 12:21 PM
Beadbimbo

Thanks Deirdre!

I think I made the loops in that center piece too small, making it a
little difficult to attach the hoops. I want to try again, with bigger
loops, and see if it goes easier.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com