My maidens.

Old January 1st 04, 08:11 PM
F.James Cripwell

Default My maidens.

The day before I left for England, I got back the fourth of my
maidens (nude females for any newcomers) back from the framers. This is
the Alberto Vargas, and she really looks very good. I have had my web
site updated, so if you want to see the four I have completed, go to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. I hope the caption which Vargas put on the original
raises a smile or two.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old January 1st 04, 10:10 PM
Dukkum

if you want to see the four I have completed, go to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. I hope the caption which Vargas put on the original
raises a smile or two.

Wow.

Beautiful.

They're really amazing.

Such beautiful work....

Jere
Old January 2nd 04, 01:23 AM
emerald

Hi Jim,

Welcome back and Happy New Year.

Your Vargas "maiden" turned out beautifully! What (or who) is next?

emerald

Old January 2nd 04, 04:36 AM
Mira

Simply amazing work. I like them all. Where do you get the patterns? I would
love to stitch them.
Happy New Year,
Mira
http://home.comcast.net/~miralyn

Old January 2nd 04, 05:24 AM
Liz Hampton

The day before I left for England, I got back the fourth of my
maidens (nude females for any newcomers) back from the framers. This is
the Alberto Vargas, and she really looks very good. I have had my web
site updated, so if you want to see the four I have completed, go to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. I hope the caption which Vargas put on the original
raises a smile or two.

Nice work, as always, Jim. :-)) I showed the site to my DH & his comment
was: "Smart man". :-)))))
Liz from Humbug

Old January 2nd 04, 11:44 AM
F.James Cripwell

"emerald" ) writes:
Hi Jim,

Welcome back and Happy New Year.

Your Vargas "maiden" turned out beautifully! What (or who) is next?

emerald

I had started "The Bath of Psyche", by Lord Francis Leighton before I
did the Vargas. Psyche is over half finished. I am not sure if there is
another in the future. Probably. I have started the trillium, but I am
not very thrilled with it.

Old January 2nd 04, 12:00 PM
F.James Cripwell

"Mira" ) writes:
Simply amazing work. I like them all. Where do you get the patterns? I would
love to stitch them.
Happy New Year,
Mira

The first three patterns, La Source, Ariadne, and Maja, I got from a
lady in the Phillipines. However, the Vargas and Psyche I produced
myself. In principle, one justs downloads a picture from the web, puts it
through pattern producing software, and there you are. In practice it is
not quite that simple, but it is really quite easy to do. If you want
more details, I would be delighted to talk to you by email.

Old January 2nd 04, 01:22 PM
georg

Mira wrote:

Simply amazing work. I like them all. Where do you get the patterns? I would
love to stitch them.
Happy New Year,
Mira
http://home.comcast.net/~miralyn

He crafts his own patterns, I believe, through an electronic image of
the pictures.

You do beautiful work, Jim.

-georg

Old January 2nd 04, 01:44 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/1/04 3:11 PM, in article , "F.James
Cripwell" wrote:

The day before I left for England, I got back the fourth of my
maidens (nude females for any newcomers) back from the framers. This is
the Alberto Vargas, and she really looks very good. I have had my web
site updated, so if you want to see the four I have completed, go to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. I hope the caption which Vargas put on the original
raises a smile or two.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
time that is spent in stitching.
Adapted from a sign on The Cobb, Lyme Regis, England.

Jim,
First, welcome home.

Second, your work is astonishing! I really love Adriane!
Cheryl

Old January 2nd 04, 09:00 PM
Ellice

Welcome back, Jim. The maidens are really lovely, well, maybe another word
would be more apt for the Vargas one. But, they're really good. I know
you're enjoying them.

ellice

On 1/1/04 3:11 PM,"F.James Cripwell" posted: