East Coast members please report

Old February 10th 13, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default East Coast members please report

As I hear the storm news from the east coast I think about our members
living in the area. Please let us know how you are doing.

Chicago weather continues to be strange. Thursday it couldn't decide
if it wanted to rain, snow or sleet. Sometimes it did two at one time.
Friday was very gray. The scenery was beautiful if you didn't have to
shovel the heavy snow. The very wet snow Thursday had clung to every
branch. The white trees against the almost white sky was unusual.
Saturday was clear and cold. Sunday is forecast to be in the lower
40's.

Thankful for a warm house and full cupboard. I don't plan to leave the
house.

Susan

Old February 10th 13, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
As I hear the storm news from the east coast I think about our members
living in the area. Please let us know how you are doing.

Chicago weather continues to be strange. Thursday it couldn't decide
if it wanted to rain, snow or sleet. Sometimes it did two at one time.
Friday was very gray. The scenery was beautiful if you didn't have to
shovel the heavy snow. The very wet snow Thursday had clung to every
branch. The white trees against the almost white sky was unusual.
Saturday was clear and cold. Sunday is forecast to be in the lower
40's.

Thankful for a warm house and full cupboard. I don't plan to leave the
house.

Susan

I'm so glad you are stocked up on groceries to get you through a few days!
Barbara in warm FL where it is 70 degrees!

Old February 10th 13, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I'm in Pennsylvania. Everyone says to run out and get the
"necessities"....bread, milk and eggs. Is everyone making French Toast???

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old February 10th 13, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I'm in southern NH and we got just over two feet of very light and fluffy snow. No power outages in our area, which was great. NH coastline was slammed pretty hard because of the storm hitting during high tide.
Old February 11th 13, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:20:36 -0500, Alice in PA wrote:

I'm in Pennsylvania. Everyone says to run out and get the
"necessities"....bread, milk and eggs. Is everyone making French
Toast???

They left off the chocolate.
Yes chocolate is a necessity. Everybody wants real hot chocolate when
you cannot see out the window because the snow is coming down in drifts.
Frequently while munching an egg salad sandwich apparently...

We are far west in NY and only got about a foot or so. But we got is as
if all the birds in heaven were bouncing on the bed and knocking the snow
off the branches. One great big Kerfluff! and there it was.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old February 11th 13, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

65* and sunny here in SanPedro, CA! I do not miss the snow at all!!! Coming from Central NY to here was a big culture shock, but the weather is fine!!!!

I remember running out to the store to get essentials before a storm, including bottled water. Storms were not fun unless the power stayed on and I didn't have to go to work and drive in it!

I do remember some good times when we were snowed in, tho!

OT- Winter has returned to the East Coast Patti Beads 6 February 14th 06 08:42 AM
East coast quilters Laura Gilbert Quilting 5 January 8th 04 07:34 PM
East coast quilters AliceW Quilting 1 November 4th 03 02:57 AM
Calling all east coast quilters! AliceW Quilting 23 October 27th 03 12:06 PM
*Isabel* TO: East coast friends!!! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 31 September 28th 03 06:26 PM