OT Hand-held vac

Old May 28th 12, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Hand-held vac

Over the years I've purchased several cordless, hand-held vacuum cleaners and each has been a big disappointment. Does anybody own one that has good really suction and is easy to use (no big complicated hassle to use attachments, etc.) Or do you have one that I should avoid?

TIA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 29th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Monday, May 28, 2012 6:58:22 PM UTC-4, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Over the years I've purchased several cordless, hand-held vacuum cleaners and each has been a big disappointment. Does anybody own one that has good really suction and is easy to use (no big complicated hassle to use attachments, etc.) Or do you have one that I should avoid?

TIA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I have a Dyson hand held and love it. My big Dyson is just too heavy for everyday use, although I use it often for the rugs. The hand held uses all of my big Dyson's attatchments and came with a few others. It has a long tube for hard flooring and beater bar for rugs and upholstery. The suction is great. I can do the sewing room, living room, kitchen, dining room and bath on a single charge. The only part that needs to be plugged in for charging is a small part about the size of a pack of cigarettes. I really like it a lot.
Old May 29th 12, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On May 28, 6:58*pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Over the years I've purchased several cordless, hand-held vacuum cleaners and each has been a big disappointment. * Does anybody own one that has good really suction and is easy to use (no big complicated hassle to use attachments, etc.) *Or do you have one that I should avoid?

TIA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Mine is corded - Dirt Devil - but it works well particularly on the
stairs. Then again, I usually get away with my Dyson animal with it's
attachments. But that is a pain to haul up/down stairs. I had a
tiney corded Dirt Devil upright that I really liked but it had no
tools. Decided I wanted tools. DH bought one at Xmas and after
several uses and more than one repair with each use it ended up on the
front lawn. I wanted a second machine for upstairs so I didn't have
to lug the Dyson. Just not to be apparently so I'm currently
lugging. What a pain. Cordless/handheld...good luck, especially with
furry kids like we have.
Old May 29th 12, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I have a Shark and we are Not friends. Not cordless, loud and heavy. Don't
know which model. I don't get it out unless desperate. I'd put up with the
loud and heavy but somehow the beast manages to get dust and fluff up inside
and above the cup. I have to coax and crochet hook the wandering wad that
blows up where it can't dump readily. Mine just may be a lemon. My coolest
trip for giving the sewing room floor a tidy is to cut a scrap of batting
the size of our Swifter mop base. I mist it with plain water and swipe
around the traffic pattern and sewing/cutting areas. No cost, no racket and
Very effective. Polly

Old May 29th 12, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I have one of these:
http://www.handheldvacuum.org/handhe...cleaning-tool/

It is 4 years or so now but still works pretty well. I liked it enough to
buy one for ds. I bet his is still like new. lol I do have a lot of pet
hair I
have to clean out of the filter often. That comes with the furbabies
though.
HTH, Taria

Old May 29th 12, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

One thing to look to to NOT get is one that is powered by a NiCad battery.
These eventually overtime build up a memory and soon will never charge
again. You are supposed to use such batteries to the bitter end before
recharging, but I find it rather annoying to leave the cordless laying there
on the floor running for another ten or fifteen minutes to fully stop
running before I put it on the charging stand. This is after the power is
so low there is no suction left.

I don't have a recommendation since I've hated everyone I've had so far.

Steve

Old May 29th 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Mon, 28 May 2012 17:58:22 -0500, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote
(in article ):

Over the years I've purchased several cordless, hand-held vacuum cleaners and

each has been a big disappointment. Does anybody own one that has good
really suction and is easy to use (no big complicated hassle to use
attachments, etc.) Or do you have one that I should avoid?

TIA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

We have the cordless Dyson "stick" vac. It works really well as a hand vac
if you take off the long "stick" part.

Maureen