OT Went to Urgent Care this morning.

Old October 26th 04, 02:57 AM
Margie

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:13:39 GMT, "~Candace~"
wrote:

Anyhow, just wanted all you wonderful worriers to know that I did indeed see
a docter today, and am now on antibiotics.

Good for you. Be a good girl and take your meds like your doctor
asked. This thing really is kicking your butt, time to kick back.

--
Margie
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our

Old October 26th 04, 03:33 AM
~Candace~

Cheryl, honey, I HATE taking medicine. Any medicine. Usually, Dh has to
coerce me into taking pain pills. That I've been taking anything at all
continues to amaze him.

If I could handle the pain, I would not be taking any pills at all. I'm
either a lot weaker than I used to be, or this pain really is as bad as it
feels.

I was just telling Adam that I'm going to try supplementing one large does
with MUCH tinier ones throughout the day, and see how that goes. I know
this current dosage is not good for me, and I'm going to work on changing
that.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
(Taking 800mgs of motrin every 3-4 hours for two weeks)

OH MY GOSH! CANDACE
that is a VERY DANGEROUS LEVEL
and your doctor was validly amazed...
this does NOT however mean you have not done significant damage to your
organs
-- which might not show up for months... Ibuprophen overdose is dangerous
stuff......

please do not continue that dosage...
you would be best to stop taking any....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 26th 04, 03:46 AM
melinda

Stephanie wrote:
all three of us sickies are
now on antibiotics. He also gave me something to dry up my sinuses, saying
that was the cause of my Supreme Throat Pain. I don't agree with the man on
that,

I'm glad you went to see the Doc. I hope that man is right about the throat
pain/sinuses link. Sending extra potent vibes to jump start those
antibiotics~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((((Candace))))

.Stephanie.
Gotta Question? Search RCB:
http://tinyurl.com/5wm36

I know that if I don't get on top of a runny nose soon enough I'll
end up with a sore throat, no matter what caused the stuffed nose.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 26th 04, 05:20 AM
Cheri2Star

OH MY GOSH! CANDACE
that is a VERY DANGEROUS LEVEL

When I had shin splints, I was prescribed that level and took them for over a
month. However, I don't think its a good idea to self- prescribe. In fact,
it's a terrible idea.

Next time we tell you to go to the doctor, you better listen to us. We didn't
get to be bubbees and grammas for nothing, you know. Don't make me come out
there! G

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

Old October 26th 04, 05:43 AM
bluemaxx

OMTP! It almost sounds like you have Strep Throat. And that can go
into other, even nastier things if you don't kick it with antibiotics.
Take all the pills, and if you still have a sore throat when the
antibiotics are gone, go back to the doc. {{{{{{{{{{{{Feel Better,
Candace}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Linda

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
: Do not skip a single pill, and take them ALL. Finish the bottle
unless
: directed by your Dr. not to. This is CRUCIAL! :-) Seriously.
:
: Anyhow, just wanted all you wonderful worriers to know that I did
indeed see
:
: a docter today, and am now on antibiotics.
:
:
: ~~
: Sooz
: To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
~~Joseph Chilton
: Pearce
:

---

Old October 26th 04, 03:03 PM
susiegibson

excellent
heres to hoping you all will be well soon...and feeling better too...

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"~Candace~" wrote in message
om...
After another night of staying up coughing, or being with the kids as they
coughed, I just couldn't handle it anymore, and I had Adam call in to work
today. We all trekked down to urgent care after clearing it with the
pediatrician's office, and saw the only Doc I've ever seen here for
myself--he treated (HA!) me for the mosquito bite infections last year.

He still doesn't listen too well, and doesn't let you get much out to listen
to anyways, but I did get my goal accomplished--all three of us sickies are
now on antibiotics. He also gave me something to dry up my sinuses, saying
that was the cause of my Supreme Throat Pain. I don't agree with the man on
that, becuase I know what a sinus infection feels like and contrary to his
beliefs, I don't think I have one anymore--that cleared up about 2.5 weeks
ago) But I'm up for anything, so I'll take the stinking pills.

He also said no one could do as I've been doing and still be alive to tell
the tale (Taking 800mgs of motrin every 3-4 hours for two weeks) Well,
okay, I'm sorry, I'll get my corpse out of your office now. I seriously
think that man didn't believe me when I told him that. And I KNOW it's bad,
and horrible for my body, but the pain in my throat was reaching "How on
earth can a stupid throat hurt THIS bad!!!???" proportions. I mean, it's
edging it's way onto the Top Pain Of My Life List. A gal has to be able to
function, and so a gal was doing whatever it took. And still is. I tried
skipping a dose earlier and am now paying for it royally. Every slight
movement of my head, or teensiest swallow causes the ole water works to
flow. (Don't worry, the motrin really does help, and I'll feel better in
about 20 minutes or so) Hoepfully, as the antibiotics begin to banaish the
illness, I'll not have such a need for pain relief.

Anyhow, just wanted all you wonderful worriers to know that I did indeed see
a docter today, and am now on antibiotics.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

---

Old October 26th 04, 04:17 PM
Peggy

Hope the medicine works and you all feel better soon, Candace!

Old October 26th 04, 07:11 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, honey. I sooooo know your pain!! Your doctor's a jerk, IMO. I was
that sick a month ago, and I am still dealing with liquid in my ears and
gooey sinuses. Ibuprofin is okay, but make sure you are drinking hot
liquids (decaf tea is wonderful, and red tea has less acid. Herbal tea is
the best.). Sip the tea all day, and make sure it's not too hot. I will
help. Put honey and lemon in it to sooth the pain. Also, try gargling
lukewarm salt water every few hours. My doc gave me a nasal spray that's
supposed to clear my sinuses and it works - it keeps the drainage out of my
throat. It's a steroid, but does not enter the bloodstream. See if you can
get some of that.

If you can handle a little caffeine in the morning, it is a good painkiller
catalyst - it helps the ibuprofin work faster and longer. This should not
be an everyday thing for too long, though, because you need water, and
caffeine takes that away. But for pain, it's helpful. Try switching to
Excedrin - this is a painkiller/caffeine drug that can work better on pain
than ibuprofin, epecially since it sounds like your body has grown too
tolerant of the Motrin. But don't take more Excedrin than the bottle says -
that can be dangerous.

((((((((hugs))))))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

After another night of staying up coughing, or being with the kids as they
coughed, I just couldn't handle it anymore, and I had Adam call in to work
today. We all trekked down to urgent care after clearing it with the
pediatrician's office, and saw the only Doc I've ever seen here for
myself--he treated (HA!) me for the mosquito bite infections last year.

He still doesn't listen too well, and doesn't let you get much out to
listen to anyways, but I did get my goal accomplished--all three of us
sickies are now on antibiotics. He also gave me something to dry up my
sinuses, saying that was the cause of my Supreme Throat Pain. I don't
agree with the man on that, becuase I know what a sinus infection feels

Old October 26th 04, 07:15 PM
Kandice Seeber

It's really not that bad. My father has a prescription for 800mg (that's 4
of the regular pills) that he takes twice a day for arthritis. Informing a
doctor is necessary, especially if they want to prescribe something, but
800mg is not a huge deal. I wouldn't take it that often - you should wait 6
hours before taking more. It's not a long term solution, though.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs