OT Went to Urgent Care this morning.

Old October 26th 04, 01:13 AM
~Candace~

Default OT Went to Urgent Care this morning.

After another night of staying up coughing, or being with the kids as they
coughed, I just couldn't handle it anymore, and I had Adam call in to work
today. We all trekked down to urgent care after clearing it with the
pediatrician's office, and saw the only Doc I've ever seen here for
myself--he treated (HA!) me for the mosquito bite infections last year.

He still doesn't listen too well, and doesn't let you get much out to listen
to anyways, but I did get my goal accomplished--all three of us sickies are
now on antibiotics. He also gave me something to dry up my sinuses, saying
that was the cause of my Supreme Throat Pain. I don't agree with the man on
that, becuase I know what a sinus infection feels like and contrary to his
beliefs, I don't think I have one anymore--that cleared up about 2.5 weeks
ago) But I'm up for anything, so I'll take the stinking pills.

He also said no one could do as I've been doing and still be alive to tell
the tale (Taking 800mgs of motrin every 3-4 hours for two weeks) Well,
okay, I'm sorry, I'll get my corpse out of your office now. I seriously
think that man didn't believe me when I told him that. And I KNOW it's bad,
and horrible for my body, but the pain in my throat was reaching "How on
earth can a stupid throat hurt THIS bad!!!???" proportions. I mean, it's
edging it's way onto the Top Pain Of My Life List. A gal has to be able to
function, and so a gal was doing whatever it took. And still is. I tried
skipping a dose earlier and am now paying for it royally. Every slight
movement of my head, or teensiest swallow causes the ole water works to
flow. (Don't worry, the motrin really does help, and I'll feel better in
about 20 minutes or so) Hoepfully, as the antibiotics begin to banaish the
illness, I'll not have such a need for pain relief.

Anyhow, just wanted all you wonderful worriers to know that I did indeed see
a docter today, and am now on antibiotics.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old October 26th 04, 01:19 AM
Diana Curtis

I hope they do the job for you. Its hard hearing you be in so much pain and
still needing to do that day to day stuff.
Hugs to your family and you.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)
om...

Old October 26th 04, 01:45 AM
Cheri2Star

Anyhow, just wanted all you wonderful worriers to know that I did indeed see
a docter today, and am now on antibiotics.

Thank you. I know *I* feel better. LOL

Hope you do too, very soon.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)
Old October 26th 04, 01:58 AM
Marisa2

Candace,

Wow, I didn't realize you still felt that bad.

Sooo glad you went in to get cared for!

Poor thing.. I spoze you have both kids at home now since they're both
sick, and your mom went home! I hope you'll let your laundry and the
Rebekah auctions go for a little while while you get better!

marisa2

Old October 26th 04, 02:05 AM
~Candace~

Firstly, thanks, everyone-- for your well wishes.

I had Dare home today, but he's been going to school. His sickies come out
at night to play, but are controllable during the day. I am shelving a lot
of things right now, that I would like to and should be getting done, don't
worry. Adam is helping out immensely, though, and I'm seriously grateful
for him.

Old October 26th 04, 02:22 AM
Dr. Sooz

Do not skip a single pill, and take them ALL. Finish the bottle unless
directed by your Dr. not to. This is CRUCIAL! :-) Seriously.

Anyhow, just wanted all you wonderful worriers to know that I did indeed see

a docter today, and am now on antibiotics.

~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 26th 04, 02:36 AM
starlia

I've been worried about you and the kids. I know you still have the sick
cooties and the pink eye. It's lasted way too long and I'm glad you went to
urgent care.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old October 26th 04, 02:41 AM
Stephanie

all three of us sickies are
now on antibiotics. He also gave me something to dry up my sinuses, saying
that was the cause of my Supreme Throat Pain. I don't agree with the man on
that,

I'm glad you went to see the Doc. I hope that man is right about the throat
pain/sinuses link. Sending extra potent vibes to jump start those
antibiotics~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((((Candace))))

..Stephanie.

Gotta Question? Search RCB:
http://tinyurl.com/5wm36

Old October 26th 04, 02:43 AM
Cheryl

(Taking 800mgs of motrin every 3-4 hours for two weeks)

OH MY GOSH! CANDACE
that is a VERY DANGEROUS LEVEL
and your doctor was validly amazed...
this does NOT however mean you have not done significant damage to your organs
-- which might not show up for months... Ibuprophen overdose is dangerous
stuff......

please do not continue that dosage...
you would be best to stop taking any....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/