EEEEK nerves!

Old October 27th 04, 05:19 PM
Kalera Stratton

OK, it took me a year and a day, but I finally took pics of my class
beads, and here they a

Michael's class:
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/images/items/548.1.jpeg
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/images/items/548.2.jpeg
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/images/items/548.3.jpeg

Andrea's class:
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/imag...ms/1019.1.jpeg
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/imag...ms/1019.2.jpeg

My favorite, cut and polished on Andrea's grinding wheel:
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/imag...ms/1019.3.jpeg
Closeup view:
http://www.beadwife.com/xv/shop/imag...ms/1019.4.jpeg

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kalera Stratton wrote:
OK, I'm off to my Michael Barley/Andrea Guarino workshop... wish me
luck! Moxley and Breezy are holding down the fort, I'll be back on
Wednesday.

Old October 27th 04, 05:40 PM
~Candace~

Yes, I'll take two of each..especially the cut and polished bead, thanks;-)

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old October 27th 04, 05:42 PM
Diana Curtis

All of them ... each is a beauty. My fave is in photo 548.2 , the one on the
right. Its hauntingly beautiful.
The cut one reminds me, not surprisingly, of a cut agate.
Lovely lovely work, Kalera.
Now, hand them over or ... um... no.. Im not violent nor manipulative. I can
hardly threaten you, can I. lol
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old October 27th 04, 05:51 PM
Peggy

Amazing! Especially the cut bead. If you don't mind sharing, how long did
it take to make that? Looks like a seven-days-and-seven-nights effort to
me.

They are all truly beautiful!

Old October 27th 04, 06:03 PM
Kalera Stratton

LOL! Thanks, hon!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old October 27th 04, 06:07 PM
Kalera Stratton

Thank you, Diana! The one in 548.2 on the right is my attmpt at
duplicating Michael's landscape beads. Everyone has their own version of
the landscape bead, and his looks like a sunset-tinged sky over desert
cliffs. Mine looks, to me, more like white sand and crashing waves...
but almost everything I do brings a water reference, in some way.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old October 27th 04, 06:21 PM
Diana Curtis

Yes, thats exactly it.. its the foamy stuff at the edge of the wave that has
crashed near a high tide pool.
I can almost smell the brine. I hear that the Pacific smells different than
the Atlantic tho.. so perhaps your inner vision doesnt smell like that.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old October 27th 04, 07:16 PM
Kalera Stratton

I think it took about three hours, including cutting time... but it
wouldn't take that long if I was well-practiced at it. Also, that bead
is a behemoth... I wouldn't normally make beads that large.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old October 27th 04, 07:36 PM