OT - crappy approach to a birthday

Old May 15th 04, 03:51 AM
KDK

Thanks again everyone! Y'all are great. I thought I had found one of the
good ones - I was so happy to have someone care about me in that way! And
he was supportive of my creative work. Well his loss more than mine. (I
consider myself to be a darn good girlfriend!)

Y'all have really helped me today! Hugs back to everyone!

Kathy K

Old May 15th 04, 04:12 AM
JL Paules

I hugged you once and I'd hug you again if you weren't so darned far away.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old May 15th 04, 04:52 AM
BeckiBead

KNV-- kisses and bug hugs to you. Feels good to have me back also!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows

Old May 15th 04, 06:52 PM
Kalera Stratton

Lame! But it's just as well that it happened now... men with self-esteem
issues are not fun to live with, and if they say they're not good enough
for you, that often means they have secret issues you don't know about.
Like, ICKY secret issues you really don't want to know about or deal with.

My best friend's mom says that people will tell you flat-out who they
are, so if someone tells you they're not good enough for you, thank them
for the warning and walk away!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

KDK wrote:
Thanks Kathy. Yeah actually I do realize what he's losing - I'm not sure he
does though (he thinks he doesn't deserve me - he's very confused!).

I'd have to trade for regular coke (don't do diet drinks) but the ice cream
and stories sound wonderful!

I love RCB. I don't really know anyone here in Asheville, so I do indeed
consider ya'll my support. Thank you!

Kathy K

I hate to say "Congratulations," because you're not feeling so good right
now, but that was really my first thought. You deserve the best, and part

of

that is the recognition that any guy who gets to spend time with you is a
lucky man indeed.

If your former boyfriend doesn't recognize that, he wasn't worth your

time.

I know it's tough to go through, but it really is for the best. You'll

meet

someone better than this guy, which wouldn't have been possible when you

had

your old boyfriend hanging around.

Please be good to yourself - you've had a shock. If you were here, I

could

give you Diet Cokes and ice cream and we could trade bad boyfriend stories
until we were laughing and rolling on the floor. Remember that you have

an

army of strong RCB women with you in spirit, making sure that you are

okay.

Kathy N-V

Old May 15th 04, 08:42 PM
Dr. Sooz

and if they say they're not good enough
for you, that often means they have secret issues you don't know about.

I've noticed one thing:

If someone tells you something about themselves ("I'm not good enough for you"
or "I'm not that fun to be around" or anything, anything at all) ----
They're usually right, and you should listen. You'll wish you had, later.

So I'm really, really relieved to see that KDK isn't going to be with this
guy-who-doesn't-deserve-her. Because I worry about the future...her happiness.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 15th 04, 08:42 PM
Dr. Sooz

My best friend's mom says that people will tell you flat-out who they
are, so if someone tells you they're not good enough for you, thank them
for the warning and walk away!

OMG! Okay, duh. I hadn't read the rest of Kalera's post. JEEEEZ I win the
"Duh" prize of the day.
~~
Sooz
-------