I found a site with really pretty beads and...

Old January 17th 04, 05:42 PM
Helen Page

Harry wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:37:28 -0600, MargieK
wrote:

Strawberries are red when they're ripe but start out a pale shade of
yellow with a tinge of green. LOL

Hmmm... I guess the pale yellow is what I see as white when they are
very little just starting. I will have to take another look at
strawberries this Spring.

I see white with a green tinge...

Old January 18th 04, 06:13 AM
Kalera Stratton

This is so true, it's just hilarious sometimes... for example, I'm
sending off two of my very best sets on Monday, similar styles,
different popular color schemes... one had, I think, 5 bidders and ended
over $50. One had one bidder, and got half that. I might list the same
set tomorrow and get more, or less.

I think part of the equation, though, is whether the right people see an
auction. If I list green, and no green-lovers happen to be looking that
day,(or if they're all broke!) I may get no bids. I also think
consistency is a HUGE selling point, especially with spacers; it only
takes one or two bad buys for someone to realize that if they find
someone who makes regular, consistent, well-shaped, thoroughly cleaned
spacers, *and* lists them regularly, it may be worth their money to pay
a little more for that assurance of getting what you need when you need it.

-Kalera

Cheryl wrote:

Harry

just WATCH out - that you know what you are getting here --
"range in size between 5.5x8.5mm to 6.5x9.5mm. The strand measures 1.75 inches"

these are fairly SMALL beads -- compared to the SIZE OF THE PHOTO she is
showing you - many people are really SHOCKED when they buy beads of that size--
and then get them in the mail

personally - I think the price is pretty high for what I would consider very
small, plain, single color spacers....

I often ask 9.99 starting price for a set with lots of work - multiple colors
etc - and have a hard time getting it at Justbeads.com
where the SMALLEST bead in the set is that size or larger...

makes no sense to me how people decide to pay prices for lampwork - it's still
a mystery to me...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old January 18th 04, 06:16 AM
Kalera Stratton

Ohhh those are good... I eat that concoction all summer!

Harry wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:50:52 -0700, "Karen_AZ" wrote:

Wahhhh, stop with the berry talk! I used to pick black raspberries (NOT the
same as blackberries) every summer. Gawd they're good. And they make PURPLE
milk! YUMMMMMMM (The red ones just aren't the same sob)

Want something VERY good? Frozen blueberries! Put them in a bowl
and some sugar and pour in some milk and stir! Whole blueberry Icecream!
And if I am not mistaken... it turns blue.
YUMMY!!!!!!!! Please tell me blueberries are blue. lol
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw

Old January 18th 04, 06:19 AM
Kalera Stratton

Totally! Which is why brown is my favorite color, while other people
think I'm kidding, or say "that's not a color!"

vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Diana Curtis"
:

]Now we come to the question again of .. do we all see the same color when we
]look at something.. No.. of course not.

even people who are not colorblind i'm convinced don't see the same
colors. and it's not that they're just using different names. Johnny
tried to explain about the cones in eyes, but it was over my head.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/newest.html
-----------
The measure of the menace of a man is not what
hardware he carries, but what ideas he believes.-- Jeff Jordan

Old January 18th 04, 09:34 PM
Harry

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:31:44 +0800, "Marisa Cappetta" wrote:

Harry, you can do this kind of thing if you learn to use a jewelers' saw,
which is not difficult at all. You already drill holes in paua. You insert
the drill in the hole and saw the desingn (draw it on with a pencil first
for guidelines).

I really want to and have tried, but the blade keeps breaking and then I end up breaking my little shells. ;(
I have a jewelers saw and the blades that I got with it are 4/0 I think. They are very small and I have a
hard time just figuring out which way the teeth cut.. not to mention putting the blade in the saw.
What kind or size blade can I use? I tried a hacksaw... we won't talk about that! LOL

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old January 18th 04, 09:36 PM
Harry

Sheesh, that WAS your piece, what an idiot I am. Just ignore me, Harry!

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

I will not ignore you. Wonderful things come from the sub-consience
and I never ignore those thoughts. Thank you for directing me and
opening my mind again. )

Harry

My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old January 19th 04, 02:31 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Harry, you can do this kind of thing if you learn to use a jewelers' saw,
which is not difficult at all. You already drill holes in paua. You insert
the drill in the hole and saw the desingn (draw it on with a pencil first
for guidelines).

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com
"I am NOT a floozy! I am a goddess..I can do what I like!"
Venus - 'The adventures of Baron von Munchausen'

"Harry" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone here makes these and also.. how long
does it take to make one of these? I really love these for their shape
and also there are many of them listed that I love. I wish I had a bag
of money. Thanks.

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw