OT Going to be gone UPDATE

Old July 9th 03, 05:11 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Karlee in Kansas" wrote:

This lady is a real piece of work. Class A bitch in my book. In the email
that she sent to DH, she told him that she
will apologize for nothing, because she has done nothing wrong, I have hurt
her beyond words, broken her heart, and
wants me to apologize. Right after she said this, she said that she "will"
apologize but "not til you come home so that
you can see that I'm doing it" (I hope that this makes sense to someone
besides her because it makes NO sense to me)
Then turns around and says that she wants to salvage the relationship between
the two of us, and she talks of me driving
a wedge between her and DH, but what she doesn't realize is that she is the
one driving that wedge. Not me. She
already has one kid that won't have anything to do with her, and is working
on alienating a second.

That lady needs to take a long trip to a hot place.

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org
Old July 9th 03, 08:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

he MILFH told the aunt that "She deserves it"
and a few other not so nice things

You know, Karlee -- she is just plain sick. You don't need her!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 9th 03, 08:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

(((((((Karlee))))))) That all just makes me so sad. She really needs some
professional help.

What Kandice said.
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 9th 03, 08:51 PM
Dr. Sooz

Karlee -- your husband sounds like the sweetest thing alive. I am sorry he
came with such a horrid mother.

What Becki said.
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 9th 03, 10:18 PM
Karlee in Kansas

Long story...bear with me...

I had found a german shepard for free in the local paper. Mike loves german shepards. He worked with them and trained
them during his 10 year stay in germany. I want more than anything in this world to make my husband happy....and I knew
that getting him that dog would do just that.

Gretchen was about a year old, and no one had ever worked with her. She had no manners to speak of, and would look at
you like you had a second head if you requested the most menial of tasks such as "sit". Very badly behaved dog, that
suffered from separation anxiety, and was really really hyper, and destructive if left alone. Not to mention she was
LARGE. Close to 90 pounds of dog.

MILFH would beat the dog when she would take her out to do her biz. MILFH beat the dog because the dog would bolt out
the door, dragging her behind. MILFH would beat the dog for peeing in the house (poor thing didn't know any better),
and MILFH would not let the dog roam the house. She would make the dog lay at her feet all day, not taking her out on a
regular basis, yell at *me* when I wanted to take her for a walk. She made the dog lay at her feet by standing on the
leash....keeping about 8 inches (plus or minus) between the dogs head and the floor. If dog moved or attempted to go
eat or drink, she got beat. Any attempt on my part to rescue the dog would result in me being yelled at, called
incompetent, being told I don't have the first clue about dogs (like she is some kind of freaking authority)...basically
I got verbally abused when all I was trying to do was rescue the dog.

This was not the only dog in the house mind you. We also have a pomeranian puppy named Kasey. Kasey is a black, tiny,
fuzzy, dot compared to the german shepard. Kasey being little and a puppy (only about 4 months old at that point in
time) meant that MILFH thought that Kasey could do as she pleased. MILFH would cuddle puppy all day, and thought it was
"cute" when Kasey piddled in the house. Kasey could do no wrong, and Gretchen could do no right. MILFH turned Kasey
into the proverbial "barker" and "ankle biter"...3 months later, we are still working with her on it.

After MILFH left, I found out that that is her general way of playing favorites. She did it with Mike and his brother.
She does it with her sisters grandchildren. With her kids, she beat the living hell out of Mike, turned him into her
verbal punching bag as well as personal slave. His brother was left to do as he wanted. Her sister has 6
grandchildren. Two of them are very well cared for and very loving. The other four have incompetent parents, and have
no idea what it means to love someone. She will go to the first two's b-day parties and buy them xmas gifts, but when
it comes to the others, she always has some convenient excuse to not attend their parties and not buy them gifts. This,
mainly because she doesn't like the mother of the 4, and adores the mother of the two. (Make sense or have I confused
you yet?)

Needless to say, Gretchen became too much for me to handle after MILFH left. She would go on a rampage if she was left
alone for more than 30 seconds. She peed on the bed, shredded the shades and the shower curtain, knocked over a fish
tank (I managed to save some of the fishies), and started to refuse to poop anywhere but in my room. It broke my heart,
but I found her a new family. Mike completely understood, despite the warning from MILFH that by giving up a dog I
couldn't control would mean the end of my marriage. I have a feeling that Gretchen was ****ed at me for not being able
to rescue her from the Evil One.

MILFH maintains that she did not mistreat the dog. I guess in her sick mind, beating the dog was no more mistreatment
than beating her 3yo son bloody with a slat she ripped off of the playpen after he peed his pants.

Because I see how she plays favorites, and knows how she treats living, feeling, beings, she will not have any contact
with my children. I know that once Ellie gets here, Vincent (my son from my previous marriage) will fade into the
background and won't get hugs and kisses nor will he get gifts or cards because he is not really her grandchild. I
won't put him through that. (I know that some things I can not shield my kids from, but rejection from a grandparent is
something that I can protect him from)

This whole hullabaloo boils down to a few simple points.

1. Favorites. She abuses those that aren't her favorite. She is unable to love, much less show affection to more than
one person at one time.
2. Jealousy. She is jealous of the fact that her son has found his soulmate (his words) and loves her with everything
that he has...and does not hesitate to show his wife that love every chance he gets. Her marriage has never had love.
3. Self-centeredness (I think that is a word...). If the world does not revolve around her, she will create an event to
*make* it revolve around her. Uncle was dying....so she made a Federal Case out of the fact that her Dr. wanted to run
an MRI. I made her leave before she was ready, so she made a Federal Case out of nothing (saying that I had mistreated
her amongst other things). Her First Born Child wants nothing to do with her, so she is making a *bigger* Federal Case
out of nothing...stating the "hell she put me through since I left Kansas" and "she is driving a wedge between us, and
we have been apart far too long as it is" (as if he doesn't have a brain and can't decide for himself if he wants
contact with her or not). (The only hell that I put her through was in telling her that I needed time and space and
"please, let me come to you ok?" When I get angry and hurt, I go into hermit mode. I avoid people at all cost unless
contact is absolutely necessary. I just wanted her to leave me alone for a while so I could sort things out. This
would *not* have achieved the level that it has if she would have left me alone and not badgered me endlessly about "why
did you make me leave". I'm more angry and hurt over the things that she has said and done since she has been gone than
all the **** she pulled when she was here.) She has to either be "first or worst" in everything. She had to be the
first in the family to get married and have kids...resulting in a marriage that has no love, and two children that she
resented all their lives until they started to resent her. If you have a sore toe, her leg is going to fall off. Her
sister has a rare disease called Primary Lateral Sclerosis. Not long after her sisters diagnosis, she claimed massive
back problems and said that the bones in her spine were liquefying. Her sister had to go on valium just to be able to
talk, then Prozac on top of it so that she wouldn't be mean. MILFH decided that she was "massively depressed" and also
needed Prozac. MILFH sees 3 different doctors for different forms of pain killers, and those doctors don't know that
she is seeing the others, much less the fact that she is on the other medications (morphine pills, percocet pills, and
darvocet), that she eats like candy, claiming that she needs them to survive the day. But mind you, she could beat the
**** out of a 90 pound dog and throw around a 50 pound bag of dog food like it was nothing. If she thinks that someone
is watching she uses her cane...if she thinks that no one is watching, there is no cane and no limp. Don't even get me
started on the 45 minute drive around the parking lot of wal-mart.

Just a side note...her story of the events is that she "never mistreated the dog, Vincent, or Karlee. I did everything
I could to help her out while I was there, and don't understand why she made me leave. I never called her a bitch or a
liar, and most certainly did NOT hint that she is a whore. I don't understand why she is so angry with me and don't
understand why she won't talk to me now." 1. You just read the story about the dog. The story of my sons mistreatment
and my mistreatment is equally as bad, if not worse. 2. She did jack **** to help. She sat on her fat ass watching tv,
yelling at us and the dog, or parked her butt in the kitchen painting her little ceramic thingies. Wouldn't so much as
empty her ash tray (trash can right beside the chair) or take her dishes to the kitchen. Didn't offer to help when I
was unpacking, cleaning, or napping. 3. She called me a bitch and a liar in a conversation with Mike...he heard it
with his own ears, and now she is trying to deny it. She insinuated that I'm a whore in a conversation that she had
with my neighbor...and I overheard the conversation. Lets not forget the fact that she firmly believes that I'm
cheating on Mike with an online friend of mine that was stationed in Georgia at the time. Mike has met said friend in
person, and knows that I could not achieve what she said I did while he was gone. (I don't fly and it would have taken
me 3 days to drive to Georgia on my own. He is now stationed in NY, married, and deployed to Afghanistan for another 11
months. I haven't talked to him online in nearly a month because of the deployment)

I'm sorry that the story was so long...but in explaining the dog story, I felt the need to delve into her psyche a
little more, so maybe you can see it from my point of view. I'm really really angry over this, and have a tendency to
start yelling when you are talking to me in person about it (I get really loud when I get angry). I guess that I'm just
a horrible person for not apologizing. Go ahead. Flame me. I'm beyond caring now. In fact, I'm mad enough to spit
silver nails.

Karlee in Kansas, who realizes that some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them

--
Visit my web page! www.angelfire.com/ks3/karlee/index.html
Our family page: http://groups.msn.com/brennanfamilypage

Old July 9th 03, 10:51 PM
Dr. Sooz

You know, if you just print up the dog story alone and send it to you mom and
grandma, I bet they'd back off from telling you to make amends with the MILFH.
Jesus Christ. (I would have murdered her if I'd seen her do that to a
dog.....I'd be in prison right *now*!)

Old July 9th 03, 11:19 PM
Sjpolyclay

I guess that I'm just
a horrible person for not apologizing. Go ahead. Flame me. I'm beyond
caring now. In fact, I'm mad enough to spit
silver nails.

Dear Karlee,
Here's the part I can't agree with--you are NOT horrible for not apologising.
Nor are you beyond caring, or you'd not be protective or angry. You care plenty
about what counts, and that's good.

Personally, I am so glad that you feel no need to apologise. It indicates a
healthy desire to protect yourself and your family members, especially the
little ones. Please don't feel ANY need to get on better with that old shrew,
she hurts people and animals. None of you need that in your lives. This is
Toxic Behavior on her part, and you don't need to drink her poison to be
"nice", OK?? Just say " NO", as you have been doing. Do as you feel best, and
it doesn't feel at ALL good to be around people like her. And please, please
continue to keep her away from your children. Abuse is horrible, and what you
describe is definately abuse.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old July 10th 03, 05:02 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Karlee in Kansas" wrote:

I'm sorry that the story was so long...but in explaining the dog story, I
felt the need to delve into her psyche a
little more, so maybe you can see it from my point of view. I'm really
really angry over this, and have a tendency to
start yelling when you are talking to me in person about it (I get really
loud when I get angry). I guess that I'm just
a horrible person for not apologizing. Go ahead. Flame me. I'm beyond
caring now. In fact, I'm mad enough to spit
silver nails.

Karlee in Kansas, who realizes that some people are alive simply because its
illegal to kill them

Wow, that woman is NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD.

I can understand the impulse to hit a child. I've felt it! I've smacked
their little bottoms and then wished I hadn't; it's not productive, it
just makes them mad and resentful. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT imagine the
impulse to beat a child senseless. Especially a 3-year-old baby. Your
MIL is a horrible, horrible person. That one sentence says it all. Beat
him with a CRIB SLAT? My god. Keep her far, far away. Some people are
just misunderstood, and some are BAD.

See us at www.strattonhome.org
Old July 10th 03, 03:58 PM
Sjpolyclay

Karlee in Kansas who can't resist hugging a *critter or talking to a plant

Given the people you've described that you come from, you are much more likely
to get honest love back from the critters and the plants. Stick with them, and
your DH and your kids.
As Dierdre and several others pointed out in a recent thread to me, you can't
win with those kinds of negative people. There is NO WAY to do things well or
ever come out anything but wrong. So please know that you don't have to spend
yur energy running races you can't win, and where the judges are throwing
rocks. Stay away from that kind of negativity when you can, it eats at you
when you don't, doesn't it? My family, the one from which I came, was/is very
negative in many ways too, and I speak from experience here--you can only find
and keep happiness when you are not in the presence of those who need to
destroy it in you for their own satisfaction/comfort. I'm not meaning to
insult your lineage--but you have some toxic stuff there, and its OK to
distance yourself from it, the same way you'd pull yourself and the kids and
the critters away from an out of control fire.