Pretty Beads

Old October 22nd 04, 06:17 AM
Kalera Stratton

If she sends chocolates, PLEASE don't eat them.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Tinkster wrote:

I'll tell ya... I seriously think this person hasn't clue #1.
Seriously. I would bet good money that she has no idea I found it
depressing or that some would say it's offensive and in poor taste.

Will I continue to sell to her? I dunno. Probably. As I said before,
it's a relationship that works, and works well. I suppose I won't give
it another thought unless a birthday card arrives next week with some
suspicious white powder in it. LOL!

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Old October 22nd 04, 06:19 AM
Kalera Stratton

I know some old soldiers and people who have been through hardships who
often greet each other with that phrase... it's meant to connote an
admiring sense of "damn, you're tough."

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Christina Peterson wrote:
"We are not dead yet" is the Ukrainian equivalent of "Give me liberty or
give me death". Their national statement. For a long time Ukraine was "the
breadbasket of Europe", but it has been under siege or foreign rule so
often. And then, the USSR decided to use them to see how high a quota they
could impose on the people. People were starving to death while producing
great quantities of produce, milk and meat. They lost something like one
fourth of their population in the first half of the 20th Century, from
foreign impositions.

I'm not dead yet, either.

Tina

Old October 22nd 04, 06:22 AM
Kalera Stratton

Or how 'bout, "I don't THINK I'm dying, but if it would increase the
value of your collection I'll look into it."

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

C Ryman wrote:
It's unfortunate that a lot of art becomes more valuable after the artists
is dead :-(
Art collectors can be a strange lot. I hope you get to feeling better and
don't let this silly person bother you. Tell her you haven't kicked the
bucket yet and aren't planning to do so any time soon.

Old October 22nd 04, 06:48 AM
Tinkster

ROFL! Good point!

Old October 22nd 04, 07:50 AM
Dr. Sooz

Or how 'bout, "I don't THINK I'm dying, but if it would increase the
value of your collection I'll look into it."

How about: "Why?!? Do you know something I DON'T?"
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 22nd 04, 07:52 AM
Dr. Sooz

I worry about sounding like a big baby to her I guess :-) I know I can
whine to you guys about this stuff, but I have a really difficult time
letting ANYONE know they have hurt me. I always figure it's my thin
skin at fault rather than someone else's intentions.

I do the same thing. I hate to show anyone my soft underbelly.

I think I will let her know somehow, just don't have the words yet.

A friend of mine got a phone call from a telemarketer who was selling cemetery
plots. She began fake (but convincing) crying, and said, "Why -- do you know
something? Tell me! Am I dying? You do! You know!" Etc.
~~

Old October 22nd 04, 07:07 PM
Kandice Seeber

ROFL!!!! I love that!!!