Jewelry catalogs or websites?

Old November 20th 06, 10:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Craig Cockburn

Default Jewelry catalogs or websites?

Hi

I'm trying to get my wife Joscelin's jewellery out to a wider audience:
http://www.siliconglen.com/joscelin/jewelry.html
It's received great feedback at local arts fairs, but I'm wondering if
there's a way of reaching a wider audience via catalogs/orther websites
etc.

Anyone got any suggestions for this sort of thing?

thanks

--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). M.Sc., CITP, CEng
Owner, http://www.siliconglen.com/

Old November 20th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

Craig Cockburn wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get my wife Joscelin's jewellery out to a wider audience:
http://www.siliconglen.com/joscelin/jewelry.html

You've lost your dialup audience by making your thmbnails 60-100k
instead of 6-10k. The idea behind thumbnails is not essentially that
they are visually tiny, but that they have a tiny download size. They
should also click through to the full sized images.
--
mbstevens
http://www.mbstevens.com/howtothumb/

Old November 21st 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Craig Cockburn wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get my wife Joscelin's jewellery out to a wider audience:
http://www.siliconglen.com/joscelin/jewelry.html
It's received great feedback at local arts fairs, but I'm wondering if
there's a way of reaching a wider audience via catalogs/orther websites
etc.

Anyone got any suggestions for this sort of thing?

thanks

What's the point of having thumbnails and actual images on the same
page? Thumbnails are intended as "click through" images. Either get
rid of them, or make them clickable to their respective larger images,
on separate pages for each image.

On top of that, your thumbnails as well as your images are positively
huge. Thumbnails should not be any bigger than 2-4 K. And regular
images should not be any larger than 20-40K.

Take a look at my site to see what I am talking about.
--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old November 21st 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Carl

When mbstevens put fingers to keys it was 11/20/06 11:55 AM...

... The idea behind thumbnails is not essentially that
they are visually tiny, but that they have a tiny download size. They
should also click through to the full sized images.

ANd the large images should not be on the same page. They should each be
on a separate page or the thumb-links should point straight to the .jpg's

- CW

Old December 5th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

If you are serious about driving free search engine traffic to your
website dorrow/buy a book on search engine optimisation from the
library. Almost all our new business comes this way.