let the HUG LIST begin....!

Old June 13th 05, 02:20 AM
Queen of Squishies

Default let the HUG LIST begin....!

I'm back from vacation (had a wonderful time in Kansas City, then camping
here, then Chicago) and my computer is back from Gateway in 8 days rather
that a month. Good job!! Okay, so now - I am rebuilding the Hug list from
scratch. Yes, I did have it backed up. I faithfully backed up all my email
addresses every week for a coupla years now. Only to find out now that I
need it, that you can't copy a briefcase onto a cd. sigh....

So starting right now, and ending never - LOL - anyone who wants to be added
to the Hug list needs to email me. Because right now there IS NO hug list.
I lost 400 email addresses. Not to worry, I'm a re-builder. It's my second
trade. So let the emails begin, and remember, right now there is NO hug
list. If you were on it before, or you know someone who might not see this
message, whatever the case.......... you need to email me now to be on the
Hug list. Here is a brief explanation of the Hug list for those of who you
might not know. My email address will be listed at the bottom.

Taken from the RCTQ archives:
What is a Hug, and how do I contribute? Hugs are quilts made by this group
to help someone through a life altering event, and let them know how much we
care. Karen, Queen of Squishies, maintains a Hug list. When a Hug quilt is
needed someone will contact Karen, and she in turn sends an email to
everyone on the Hug List with instructions and color preferences, date due,
and the reason for the Hug. Its always your choice to participate or not.
Hugs can be made without going through Karen and the list as well. Anyone is
welcome to start a Hug, when they feel the need is enough.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com
(just remove spaces to make email addy useable)

Old June 13th 05, 04:02 AM
Trixie

Karen:

Please add me back to the hug list. Bummer about losing all those e-mails!

Trixie

Remove the pounds for e-mailing

Old June 13th 05, 04:14 AM

[...]

Are you SURE about the briefcase?
I know you can't copy Windows briefcase but you are supposed to be able to
open the thing and drag the files to floppy or CD.

Just a thought......

In any case, I sew rarely now but still love to piece and have hopes for
more time once the office leaves my home. So, if you need blocks you can
always ask. I'll tell you no if it is too much, I promise not to leave you
hanging. If I can help hug someone I'm willing.

Old June 13th 05, 05:15 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Welcome home.

I note you said:

*anyone who wants to be added to the Hug list needs to email me*

Simple instructions. G Done. Thanks!

Ragmop/Sandy

Old June 13th 05, 12:51 PM
Queen of Squishies

Gladly, but you must email me privately to get your addy on the list. I
need to know what email address to use for ya. Thanks!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 13th 05, 12:52 PM
Queen of Squishies

I will, yes. But please email me privately with the email address you want
me to use for you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 13th 05, 12:53 PM
Queen of Squishies

Sounds wonderful, we all do it when we can, and when we can't, we can't.
Just email me privately with your email address you want me to use on the
list.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 13th 05, 12:55 PM
Queen of Squishies

Thanks, Sandy. Yes, everyone needs to email me directly, not to the
newsgroup. Remember, I lost hundreds of email addresses from the hug list.
It's just too much to translate from the ng, and I need to know the email
addresses that people want me to use. On the ng, most of them are
anti-spammed. Thanks all!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 13th 05, 03:20 PM
pajaritaflora

Queen of Squishies wrote:
[...]

Hi Karen,
I have one question. If I am on the HUG list do I need to make a whole
quilt or is this a group of people donating a block or 2? Sorry if this
sounds like a silly question. I'd prefer to be certain what I'm
committing to.
Thanks Karen,
Mary Ann