I Finished!!!

Old October 5th 03, 05:25 AM
Coleen

Jeanne --

Yes, my first quilt. It was from a class that I took with my oldest
daughter (who is a great quilter), so I didn't pick the pattern, just the
fabrics. Luckily, the photo is not a close up or you would see all the
little mistakes, lol. And funny that you should mention that I didn't sew
any of the blocks on the wrong way, because my daughter did sew one whole
strip on the wrong way. Bless her heart. But she caught it in time and
redid it.

That is a jacket that I am wearing over my pajamas -- it was a bit cold in
our cabin that night. It is made from a black sweatshirt that is cut down
the middle front and it has star, pumpkins (you can see one peeking out from
under my arm), black cats and bat appliquéd on it. I didn't make the jacket
but I did cut out all the little pieces for this jacket and all the pieces
for about another 100 of various patterns (for my sister-in-law who made the
jackets).

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"nzl*" wrote in message
WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
thats u'r first?
omg, talk bout setting high standards. where to go from there.
all those points match perfectly and looks like you didnt do anything

silly
like turn a block round the wrong way when sewing it in either.
i'm blown away.
have added you're page to my favs at webshots. i look forward to more eye
candy, well done indeed.
and aren't u just the cutest too, lol.
'very nice stars' on your sweater/jumper/jacket/shoulder.
snorfle
jeanne

Old October 5th 03, 05:26 AM
Coleen

Jan --

Thank you so much. Yes, it is my first (only took me a couple of years to
complete, lol). I have now pieced my second quilt and have started piecing
my third one. Think I am hooked???

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Jan Dunaway" wrote in message
k.net...
WOW!!!!!!! That's beautiful!!!! And it's your first??!!!! Wow!!!

Jan

Old October 5th 03, 05:29 AM
Coleen

Wendy --

Lol, thanks. I have already done an encore -- a tumbling block done in
blues and whites (of course, lol). Now you will have to explain to this
inexperienced quilter what a Baltimore Album is.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"frood" wrote in message
m...
Dang, woman! What will you do for an encore? A Baltimore Album? That's
fantastic!

--
Wendy

Old October 5th 03, 05:29 AM
Coleen

Kellie --

Thanks. The pattern is "Hidden Wells" by Mary Ellen Hopkins.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
news
OOOOOOOOhhhhhh! I LIKE!
what pattern is that? so neat! like it a lot!!!!

Kellie

Old October 5th 03, 05:31 AM
Coleen

Leslie --

Thank you very much. Well of course I would have to pick blue and white
since blue is my favorite color. My daughter did hers in purples and
yellows and it is also beautiful. I can't remember what the other ladies in
the class used for their colors, but I do think I was the only one that made
a king size quilt.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
Coleen, your FIRST??? Gosh, I *am* impressed! Lover-ly! And very
effective use of color. Keep up the GREAT work!

Leslie and The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 5th 03, 05:32 AM
Coleen

Patti --

Thank you. I am very proud of it and of course all the wonderful congrats
here have made me even more proud of it. LOL. Yes, that is me holding the
quilt. Sue took this picture during our cross stitch retreat last weekend.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Coleen
That is terrific! I love it.
Congratulations. You must be thrilled with your first quilt. I think
it might not be your last? g Is that you holding the quilt? If so,
it's great to have a face to put to the name.
Thanks for figuring out how to share it with us.

Old October 5th 03, 05:32 AM
Coleen

Louise --

Thank you. If you do make a quilt using this pattern, I would love to see a
picture. Go for it!!!

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Louise" wrote in message
Wow! It's gorgeous. I think I want to do one using that pattern too!

Old October 5th 03, 05:34 AM
Coleen

Thank you. I'm not sure how much talent I have, but I did indeed have to
find lots of patience to get this finished. I have to thank my daughter for
encouraging me to finish it (although I'm not sure if she has ever finished
hers from the same class, lol).

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"the black rose" wrote in message

Oh my stars and garters. Woman, you got talent!

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old October 5th 03, 05:35 AM
Coleen

Sherri --

Thank you. It was probably way more elaborate than a first time quilter
should have attempted but it was for a class and we didn't get to pick the
pattern. Thank you for letting me share it with you all.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"sdgodfrey" wrote in message
OMGoodness! This is beautiful and quite elaborate for a first quilt!
Thanks for letting us see.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old October 5th 03, 05:37 AM
Coleen

Suzie --

Thank you. LOL, I would be glad to take your stash off your hand --
especially any blues and purples that you have (only kidding). I don't know
if the pattern is still available, hopefully it is. I think our instructor
may have had the quilt shop order copies that we were to go in and pick up.
The pattern was published in 1989 but we didn't get it until probably 2001,
so it might still be available.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" wrote in message

FIRST QUILT??? That's it, I'm giving up - who wants my stash?

Coleen - its absolutely gorgeous - is the pattern yours, or where is
it from?

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK