NY Beauty quilts

Old August 20th 11, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default NY Beauty quilts

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

"New York Beauty block. Beauty Secrets: 150 Years of History in One
Quilt Pattern is currently at the Benton County Historical Society and
Musuem, in Oregon, USA, and is part of the Bill Volckening
collection."
Another treat from The Quilt Show.
Roberta in D
Old August 20th 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

Thanks Roberta, our guild has a show every other year. This is the
Opportunity Quilt for 2012. All done in batiks, king/queen size.

http://www.seasidepiecemakers.com/

Thought this fit right in with your show of NY Beauties.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay (lurker)

Old August 21st 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Hey there, Ms Anna Belle Lurker - welcome! Come sit by me and I'll share
the M & Ms. I went to your guild's website and was dazzled. . . and
curious. I notice in items to be accepted in the quilt show excluded:
table runners, placemats, purses, dolls, etc. and wonder why? I always
enjoy seeing those at a quilt show and look forward to these special
creations. Is the show so big that they just can't display everything? or
what? Polly

Old August 21st 11, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hi Anna, it's always good to see your posts. Especially during the Winter
when I am also in FL, in the Leesburg area (even if we are many miles
apart.)
Barbara in SC

Old August 21st 11, 10:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle

Hello Miz Polly,

I have been around since the old days. Just don't post often. In
fact I was the recipient of some squishies back in 99.

To answer your question, our show has outgrown any local facility. In
order to fit into the auditorium we had to limit the selections. We
also limit the number of items each quilter can enter.

Our show is judged, so most of the work is good.

In other areas we are also VERY active. So far have we had made
268 quilts for children with no permanent homes in Brevard County.
School has already started here, and when we learned how many kids are
picked up by busses at motels and campgrounds, had to do something.
Another work sessions is scheduled for next Wednesday.

Another item that has to be limited by our Guild is the membership.
We are at 300 and holding since ther is also a; shortage of meeting
rooms to hold more people than that number. Last location we were
very nearly cited for violating the fire code with too many people in
the room.

All in all a successful guild.

Anna Belle

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:39:15 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Hey there, Ms Anna Belle Lurker - welcome! Come sit by me and I'll share
the M & Ms. I went to your guild's website and was dazzled. . . and
curious. I notice in items to be accepted in the quilt show excluded:
table runners, placemats, purses, dolls, etc. and wonder why? I always
enjoy seeing those at a quilt show and look forward to these special
creations. Is the show so big that they just can't display everything? or
what? Polly

.. .

Old August 21st 11, 10:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:20:56 -0400, "Bobbie Sews More"
wrote:

Hi Anna, it's always good to see your posts. Especially during the Winter
when I am also in FL, in the Leesburg area (even if we are many miles
apart.)
Barbara in SC

Thanks Bobbie. I keep track of you all. We are swealtering right
now, but finally we are getting some rain. Unfortunately it was so
dry last winter the misquotes had a breeding frenzy. Now with the
rains all the little ones are having a feast on humans. Oh well,
something else to complain about.
In my quilting life I have had a productive summer. Currently working
on a special request, four panel WH of the four seasons for DS2. He
painted all his walls and wants new scencery to hang.
Maybe we can meet up someday next winter.

Anna Belle
Old August 21st 11, 10:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Gorgeous! I like the way the 4 corners are offset around a center
square.
Roberta in D

Old August 21st 11, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh, Anna Belle, I remember you!!

I went to your quild's website, and just want to say they show and
tell pictures were absolutely wonderful to see [what prolific
quilters!]. I miss the guild I belonged to up in Lompoc.

Ginger in CA

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...6a59794e545179....

Old September 3rd 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Lovely, lovely: everywhere!

Anna Belle, it's good to see you pop in here, you ol' "lurker", you! g

Ragmop/Sandy - attacking indoor chores while it sizzles outside: ick!

On 8/20/11 2:22 PM, in article ,
"Anna Belle" wrote:

Thanks Roberta, our guild has a show every other year. This is the
Opportunity Quilt for 2012. All done in batiks, king/queen size.

http://www.seasidepiecemakers.com/

Thought this fit right in with your show of NY Beauties.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay (lurker)

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:17:51 +0200, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...5451794d6a453d
0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link

"New York Beauty block. Beauty Secrets: 150 Years of History in One
Quilt Pattern is currently at the Benton County Historical Society and
Musuem, in Oregon, USA, and is part of the Bill Volckening
collection."
Another treat from The Quilt Show.
Roberta in D

BEAUTY GUIDE [email protected] Needlework 0 January 17th 08 01:48 AM
MI beauty Gen Quilting 13 August 29th 07 09:16 PM
NY Beauty. Sally Swindells Quilting 15 May 29th 07 08:44 AM
Welsh Beauty bdiane Quilting 3 February 6th 05 08:22 PM
BEauty FW in Germany nana2b Quilting 15 November 2nd 03 06:15 PM