Outdoor banner

Old June 17th 05, 10:07 PM
grubertm

Default Outdoor banner

Hello,

My apologies if this is not the appropriate NG to post to- I couldn't
find any better textile groups. Here goes:

I would like to create a rather large banner, 7' x 100', for temporary
outdoor use (it will be on the ground for 1-3 days). For applying text
I am thinking about using either oil-based outdoor paint or a regular
spray can.
Since I have never done this before I would appreciate any and all
suggestions on:
- what material to use ? As far as I can tell Vinyl-based fabric seems
to be popular for outdoor banners. Due to transportation concerns the
fabric should not be too heavy.
- where to mail-order the fabric ? Most stores I have found only sell
4' wide pieces
- what paint to use ? Since I am in Southern California rain is not
much of a concern but it would be tragic if some drizzle or intense
heat would instantly desolve the writing.

Thank you all,
Marco

Old June 17th 05, 10:45 PM
Dawne Peterson

If you are looking for a lighter weight banner, rip-stop nylon would be a
good choice.
Dawne