Hoping to drum up some stamping conversation

Old October 4th 04, 03:28 PM
teleflora

"Alison Bowes" wrote in message

If you're curious, I'm doing snowflake ornaments using the Holly Berry

House
"medalions" snowblossoms. I stamp and emboss the image three times per
ornament, cut and layer portions of the image to make a three-d dangly.

Alison, I made cards like that a couple of years ago. In fact, the Holly
Berry House stamps are what got me into this in the first place.

If you can stand to change the size of the card (I did about 4 1/2" square
ones) you can mail them in CD gift boxes. I bought them at The Dollar
General Store for (I think) 3/$1. They are cardboard and have bright gold,
red or silver holographic designs on them. They stood up to mailing. Of
course, I took them into the post office and had them hand canceled. If I
recall, they were about 1/2" thick.

HTH,
Cindy

Old October 4th 04, 03:30 PM
teleflora

"Wave Jumper" wrote in message

I keep talking about starting my Christmas cards but so far nothing has
developed on paper. I usually wait until a week before Christmas and then
I'm rushing like mad to finish them. I always promise myself I'll do

better
next year but the same thing always happens. Anyone else have this

problem
or am I one of a kind? :-(

My ONLY problem is deciding what I want to make. I change my mind a dozen
times and finally it is the last minute and I have done nothing. I have
plenty of free time, I have access to any materials that I want. I just
can't come to a decision.

Cindy

Old October 4th 04, 03:34 PM
teleflora

If you want to see a few of my cards try:

http://home.comcast.net/~janet.hansen/cards.html

Really great cards, Janet. I'm impressed. I am also bad about remembering
what card I sent to who. So I have to come up with all new ones every year.
Birthdays and everything. I NEED to start writing stuff down.

Cindy

Old October 4th 04, 05:40 PM
Anya

Pat, I looked at your knitted pieces and feel the bug myself. I bought a
book for beginners, but it was undecipherable to me. I was hoping you could
recommend a beginner's knitting book which is easy to follow? Thanks, Anya

Old October 7th 04, 05:54 PM
Pat Kight

Anya wrote:

Pat, I looked at your knitted pieces and feel the bug myself. I bought a
book for beginners, but it was undecipherable to me. I was hoping you could
recommend a beginner's knitting book which is easy to follow? Thanks, Anya

Sorry for the delay (busy, busy week). The book generally credited with
sparking the latest knitting revival is Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'n' Bitch:
A Knitter's Handbook," which has clear instructions and some simple but
cute patterns.

Me, I'm such a geek that I googled "how to knit" and "knitting lessons" and
taught myself the basics on line. Then I discovered that some of my
long-time friends were closet knitters, and now we get together on Sunday
evenings to stitch - it's really helpful having veterans to help show you
what you're doing wrong.

If you have a decent local yarn store, see if they offer classes - even
JoAnn's and Michael's sometimes have beginner knitting classes.

--
Pat Kight

Old October 10th 04, 01:36 PM
Mickey

Janet,
Just went to your web site. Your cards are beautiful. Gave me some
great ideas.
Thanks

Old October 10th 04, 05:57 PM
hansen

Thanks.
I spent a whole day trying to make the site better, pictures smaller,
etc. and didn't get anywhere. Back to stamping - alot more fun.
Janet

Old October 13th 04, 04:57 PM
King's Crown

What a great idea! I'm going to give this a try.

Lynne

"Cecelia Medbery" wrote in message
I save up all the pieces of bubble wrap I come across throughout the
year

Speaking of bubble wrap... I take a brayer and run it across an ink pad

(I
use More Mustard) then across the bubble wrap (bubbles up) then I turn the
bubble wrap bubbles down facing a piece of cardstock (I use white) and
brayer the back. It makes a background that looks like a honeycomb.

Cecelia

Old October 16th 04, 12:30 AM
Anya

Sorry for my own delay in thanking you for your suggestions. Lately, I am
lucky to get online because my sons are always on and we are *still* dial-up
with one phone line. Anya