Christmas Cards

Old October 21st 03, 12:17 PM
Cecelia Medbery

Default Christmas Cards

Are any of y'all finished making your Christmas cards? I thought I was
ahead when I started mine in July, but have put them on the back burner so
many times that now I'm behind! Yikes!!! I'm using a retired Stampin' Up
set called "Curly Christmas". Not all are the same as that would make me
crazy, but I also don't make them all different because I can't think up
that many ideas. I am making about 20-25 of each design. This also helps
by allowing me to use up paper I have instead of buying all the same colors.

Cecelia

Old October 21st 03, 05:52 PM
Sukieqq

started mine I am using the peace stamp from stampzone Had to stop while I
made my Samhain invites but back to yule cards now
sukie
Old October 21st 03, 06:10 PM
Pat Kight

Cecelia Medbery wrote:
Are any of y'all finished making your Christmas cards? I thought I was
ahead when I started mine in July, but have put them on the back burner so
many times that now I'm behind! Yikes!!! I'm using a retired Stampin' Up
set called "Curly Christmas". Not all are the same as that would make me
crazy, but I also don't make them all different because I can't think up
that many ideas. I am making about 20-25 of each design. This also helps
by allowing me to use up paper I have instead of buying all the same colors.

I've noted here before that I don't make Christmas cards; I did for two
or three years after I first started stamping but I finally decided that
mass production was Not My Thing (I also did a quick cost analysis,
using my current salary-per-hour plus cost of materials, and discovered
that my homemade cards were costing me approximately 4 times as much as
purchased ones.)

So now I buy cards (usually from one of the "good cause" organizations)
and hand-craft the gifts instead; stamping is usually involved.

(Now, don't ask me if I've started making - or even thinking about -
this year's gifts ... this may be the year everyone gets homemade
chocolate truffles...)

--
Pat Kight

Old October 21st 03, 07:02 PM
Gina Bull

I haven't started, but I only make a few handmade cards -- around a
dozen. Not everybody appreciates a handmade card. Mine are works of art
but my mother thinks there is some stigma, like I couldn't afford a
store-bought one. So she'll get a Hallmark, and the hoardes of relatives
and acquaintances will get purchased cards, and my crafty friends will
get elegant handmade ones. Since I know the card is going to someone
who will appreciate it I feel free to spend time on it and go all-out,
which I enjoy.

Gina

Old October 21st 03, 08:40 PM
Cathy Makela

Hi,
Nope I haven't started mine yet as I am dealing with a bumber crop of apples
and plums to process in some way or another. I will be using a small resting
wolf from Lasting Impressions with Panache as the main image and possibly a
chickadee from Current Critters. Have fun.

Cathy

Old October 21st 03, 09:34 PM
Brandi

I have so many leftover handmade cards from previous holidays that I'm
sending out those. I can't bear to throw them out and I don't have the time
for mass production this year.

Brandi

Old October 22nd 03, 01:26 PM
Helen

I love making Christmas cards as it is my favorite holiday. But this
year might be a little different. I had my annual mammogram on Oct. 2
and the radiologist found a suspicious spot. After talking to my doctor
and going to see a surgeon and then having a needle biopsy, it's cancer.
I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call today to let me know when
the surgery is going to . Fortunately it was caught early and he thinks
a lumpectomy and radiation is all that I'll need. Thank goodness! After
that is all behind me I'll get to work on my cards. And if I find that
I'm not motivated to do so, I have some backup store bought ones. Helen

Old October 22nd 03, 02:14 PM
Susan

Helen,

My stepmom went thru the mammogram and biopsy earlier this year. She
finished up the chemo last month and started radiation this last week. She
had 21 nodes removed in June. They say they caught it early and she's doing
well so far. She's had an amazingly great spirit thru it all. She's been
going to meetings with other survivers and luncheons and is amazed at the
numbers and support.
Best wishes!

On the Xmas card note... I'm doing my own this year with an idea I saw
earlier in the year... had to go buy some SU stamps to do it and they'll
look super

--
Susan
AF Wife to David

Old October 22nd 03, 03:15 PM
Pat Kight

Helen wrote:

I love making Christmas cards as it is my favorite holiday. But this
year might be a little different. I had my annual mammogram on Oct. 2
and the radiologist found a suspicious spot. After talking to my doctor
and going to see a surgeon and then having a needle biopsy, it's cancer.
I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call today to let me know when
the surgery is going to . Fortunately it was caught early and he thinks
a lumpectomy and radiation is all that I'll need. Thank goodness! After
that is all behind me I'll get to work on my cards. And if I find that
I'm not motivated to do so, I have some backup store bought ones. Helen

Bless you, Helen, and very best wishes for successful treatment and
speedy recovery.

--
Pat Kight

Old October 22nd 03, 06:59 PM
Erin-Joi Collins McNeal

Helen,

Please send me your full name. This weekend I will be walking 35 miles in a
marathon walk for Breast Cancer. I would be honored to carry your name along
with the others that I carry for inspiration. About mile 20, I need to
remind myself of why I do these walks. Seeing all those names on a card
keeps my feet moving.

Best of luck with your outcome,
Erin-Joi

If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping
with a mosquito in the room.

If I told you that I was walking 35 miles in 2 days to help women with
undetected breast cancer find out early enough to survive, would you support
me? http://erinjoi.pledgepage.com
Feel free to forward my pledgepage to anyone interested in the walk or the
cause.