One hump or two?

Old May 23rd 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default One hump or two?

Very good film indeed!
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418

wrote in message
. com...
In the British Navy per "Master and Commander" - a movie well worth
seeing.

Aaron

" YarnWright" wrote in message
In the Garden of Weeden???
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418

wrote in message
. com...
Always choose the "lesser of two weevils"!

Aaron
" YarnWright" wrote in message
PC as in politically correct or PC as in personal computer?
running and ducking cuz I KNOW what you meant!
Noreen
who is about the most pIc person she knows.

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418

wrote in message
. net...
Like Mongolian camels dat weave der wool along side of the road?

: )
(think not PC)

Aaron
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
And herre i thought we were discussing Camels ,,,, Not all camels`
wools are good for knitting .
mirjam

Every knitting project has a "hump," a point from which you can
see
the
finish and the going gets easier.

She says to knit 14 inches from start of knitting to beginning of
arm
gussets, so I stop and measure my progress every couple of hours.
know
it
silly, but I can not help myself. I get into a new section of
pattern,
and
everything curls and puckers a little more. Then, as I lay it out

on
my
knee, I have less then I had before. (With apologies to Tim
Finnegan,
James
Joyce, and the musical, magical fruit

The less I got,
The more I knit.
The more I knit,
The more it curls.
The more it curls,
The less I got. . . .

Not sure how many humps this thing is going to have.

Aaron

Old May 23rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Knitting with camels - so would that go "knit, knit, spit" lol -regards
Alison

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
And herre i thought we were discussing Camels ,,,, Not all camels`
wools are good for knitting .
mirjam

Every knitting project has a "hump," a point from which you can see the
finish and the going gets easier.

She says to knit 14 inches from start of knitting to beginning of arm
gussets, so I stop and measure my progress every couple of hours. I know

Old May 23rd 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Mon, 22 May 2006 18:12:40 GMT, spewed forth :

Every knitting project has a "hump," a point from which you can see the
finish and the going gets easier.

Wish I could get to the top of the hell, er, hill that is the shawl
I'm working on. I spent most of today trying to figure out why I was
one stitch short on one half of the shawl. Finally determined I
dropped a YO from the previous right-side row, had to tink and reknit
AGAIN.

Seems like I'm knitting each row three times to get it right - and it
shouldn't be this difficult!

/whine

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old May 23rd 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have No idea what you write here ???
We have the One Hump kind in the south, We also have a group of
scientists , in Beer-Sheba University who are experts on all kinds of
Camel products ,, did you know One can`t make cheese from their milk ,
But A wonderful Iceream "Camelida "
Local Camels wools is only good for rugs it is too Coarse ,,,
mirjam

Old May 23rd 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly when this thing happens the second time ,,, it is a sign to put
work on side and do something else for a while ,,, than come back with
fresh mind ,......mirjam

Old May 23rd 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The Gallop rule does not hold for lace? EG

I can assure you that I am Appling it liberally to my Gansey. If they find
me bobbing in the surf, they will say, "Yep, that's Aaron! Look at those
moss diamond repeats, he never could count."

Aaron

Old May 23rd 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Some persons with an accent would pronounce "weave" as "leave" (as in on a
thorn bush) so it was a very bad pun.

Bye the way, did you know that camel's milk goes very well with dates?
(Living on dates makes one constipated, while the camels milk is a very good
laxative. The combination is a great gift from God (or at least better than
those plastic pouches of MEALS, READY TO EAT that had been sitting in the
desert for few months, and we had been eating for months : )

The soft stuff for knitting yarn is from the other kind of camel.

Old May 23rd 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Yes Dates are very laxative ,,, abd Grandeapples stop this ...
mirjam