blocks from fleece for quilt

Old November 25th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default blocks from fleece for quilt

In my experience, a wavy edge rotary cutter is hard on
mats. If I use one, I make a point to use an OLD mat.
HTH. PAT

**k** wrote:

On Nov 25, 8:27 am, "Donna in Idaho" wrote:

Suggestion for fleece quilts - cut the blocks with a wavy rotary blade. It
makes for a really cute blanket with the wavy edges instead of having blunt
cut straight edges. We make a lot of them that way for our Linus chapter.

Donna in Idaho

Hi Donna...Did you mean to use the wavy rotary cutter on the last -
outside edge block? Sorry to be so dense! I'm a visual person! And,
I live in WA state - your neighbor. Thank you for writing.

Old November 26th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Suggestion for fleece quilts - cut the blocks with a wavy rotary blade.
It
makes for a really cute blanket with the wavy edges instead of having
blunt
cut straight edges. We make a lot of them that way for our Linus
chapter.

Donna in Idaho

Hi Donna...Did you mean to use the wavy rotary cutter on the last -
outside edge block? Sorry to be so dense! I'm a visual person! And,
I live in WA state - your neighbor. Thank you for writing.

Hi neighbor!

You cut out all of your blocks using the wavy edge. Sew the blocks together
with an approx 1/2" seam. In other words, all raw edges will be wavy cut.
Fast and cute!

Donna in Idaho

Old November 26th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Wavy blades are especially hard on mats if you use the blade too long, which
I have a tendency to do. Right now I'm using the big white mat that I
bought at JoAnns. I hate it! So, I don't really care if it gets messed up
even more. I'm going to get rid of it as soon as JoAnns has a 50% sale on
the good mats.

Donna in Idaho

Old November 26th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I didn't really specify, but I made both fleece quilts double
thickness. I actually used a fleece backing. That way they have been
heavy enough to keep each son from running away while snuggled down
with one EG and also to keep them warm on our truly cold winter
nights. Right now the temp is down to around 22 F. It's not quite 7
p.m. It's not unusual in the winter to have nights down in the teens.
A double, quilted layer of fleece does the trick and has always let us
keep the thermostat down low enough to compensate for the hot water
usage by two teenaged boys. (Can't say that anymore. Oldest son is 20
and younger is right behind him -- 18)

Sunny
apparently the only quilter stupid enough to quilt two layers of
fleece fabric. On a standard home sewing machine. With a 4 inch harp.

Old November 30th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
**k**

On Nov 25, 4:31 pm, "Donna in Idaho" wrote:
Suggestion for fleece quilts - cut the blocks with a wavy rotary blade.
It
makes for a really cute blanket with the wavy edges instead of having
blunt
cut straight edges. We make a lot of them that way for our Linus
chapter.

Donna in Idaho

Hi Donna...Did you mean to use the wavy rotary cutter on the last -
outside edge block? Sorry to be so dense! I'm a visual person! And,
I live in WA state - your neighbor. Thank you for writing.

Hi neighbor!

You cut out all of your blocks using the wavy edge. Sew the blocks together
with an approx 1/2" seam. In other words, all raw edges will be wavy cut.
Fast and cute!

Donna in Idaho

Hi Donna in Idaho,

I'm a bit confused still...when you say make a 1/2* seam, are you
saying I should leave the wavey edges on the top side of the fleece
"qult" like a raggedy quilt of flannel? If I put the wavey part on
the back and then use a backing, I won't see the waveys...Anyway, I'm
a visual type person but I'll pay really good attention if you will
explain just a bit more! thank you.

I'm in extreme SE Washington State. Are we still neighbors??

Kay

Old December 20th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacquie

Sunny
apparently the only quilter stupid enough to quilt two layers of
fleece fabric. On a standard home sewing machine. With a 4 inch harp.

Second most stupid here - this is exactly what I want to do, only in
king-size. I can't stand the weight of my big purchased comforter.
Did you use "comforter" batting or regular polyester?
Would serging the seams make for too much bulk? I'd like to piece the
top,then back with a king size blanket, with batting sandwiched in
between.

Jacquie, in mid-Illinois

Ebmroidered quilt blocks julia sidebottom Quilting 7 August 27th 06 07:48 AM
quilt blocks webbie Quilting 2 June 9th 06 12:07 PM
Fleece quilt - what thread to use? AliceW Quilting 15 December 9th 05 07:37 PM
first fleece quilt, no batting Irrational Number Quilting 7 August 27th 04 07:09 PM
New Quilt Blocks Cathy Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 01:21 PM