Light for knitting?

Old June 4th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Light for knitting?

" Christine in Kent, Garden of England"
wrote in message
I know just what you mean Tracey, I don't know what I'd do without my
varifocals. Probably just ignore all those people who aren't in the right
visual range, i.e. about 90% of them!!
Love & higs
Christine

I'm guessing varifocals are same/similar to "progressives" which is what
they are called in my neck of the woods. I like mine quite well especially
since I used to just wear glasses for distance, but only in the last few
years needed them for some closer up stuff. I can still read most stuff
without glasses, but the fine print on some medicine bottles makes me crazy.
I also use my reading glasses for the computer, and they're perfect.

Have a good Sunday!! or maybe Monday for Mirjam!

Shelagh

Old June 4th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I guess they're the same Shelagh, and for my work I'd be lost without them,
from reading tiny batch numbers on vaccine vials (that's what first alerted
me to the deterioration in my eyesight) to computers the next minute I'd be
so fed up with putting them on and taking them off!!
Love & higs
Christine

Old June 5th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message
I know just what you mean Tracey, I don't know what I'd do without my
varifocals. Probably just ignore all those people who aren't in the right
visual range, i.e. about 90% of them!!
Love & higs
Christine

Varifocals are fantastic I had my other cataract done last week and once I
get my new specs I shall be just fine)

Great to hear that it is all going well Ophelia, and that your second
operation is now also behind you. I bet once your glasses are adjusted
that you will be as good as new.

I have three layers in my glasses. I found when I was working in the
library that I could not read the in between stuff. Faraway was fine, and
reading was also fine, but shelf reading was a pain, I had to come up
really close to be able to read the titles and labels. I got a third
layer added to my lenses and no lines in the glass to divine them. It
works like a charm. I do have early cataracts in both eyes, but for now
we still are doing fine.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 5th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , " Christine in Kent,
Garden of England" wrote:

How's it going O? I'm just so glad I got varifocals when I got glasses,
I've got a colleague who's constantly having to take her glasses off, find
them when she needs them. That would drive me even further round the bend
than I've already reached!
Reminds me of a story about when I was working on a psychogeriatric unit
where we used to have sing songs, WW1 songs etc, as a memory and
reminiscence exercise. We were singing "Keep right on to the end of the
road" one afternoon when we got to the line that goes "though the way be
weary and the road be long, keep right on round the bend" which tickled my
*slightly* warped sense of humour. Here we were surrounded by poor old
souls who didn't know their ears from their elbows and we were singing "keep
right on round the bend". Fortunately there were others who understood the
giggling, and the old folks thought it was all part of the fun. I felt a
little guilty, but it just was so funny!! Never been able to sing the song
with a straight face since!!
Sorry about the diversion
Love & higs
Christine

Funny...LOL

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 5th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message
I know just what you mean Tracey, I don't know what I'd do without my
varifocals. Probably just ignore all those people who aren't in the right
visual range, i.e. about 90% of them!!
Love & higs
Christine

I'm guessing varifocals are same/similar to "progressives" which is what
they are called in my neck of the woods. I like mine quite well especially
since I used to just wear glasses for distance, but only in the last few
years needed them for some closer up stuff. I can still read most stuff
without glasses, but the fine print on some medicine bottles makes me crazy.
I also use my reading glasses for the computer, and they're perfect.

Have a good Sunday!! or maybe Monday for Mirjam!

Shelagh

Thank you Shelagh, that is the correct word for me as well. Ah well three
layers works as well....LOL

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 5th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

[...]

LOL That is so funny!

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 5th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Els van Dam" wrote in message

wrote in message
I know just what you mean Tracey, I don't know what I'd do without my
varifocals. Probably just ignore all those people who aren't in the
right
visual range, i.e. about 90% of them!!
Love & higs
Christine

Varifocals are fantastic I had my other cataract done last week and
once I
get my new specs I shall be just fine)

Great to hear that it is all going well Ophelia, and that your second
operation is now also behind you. I bet once your glasses are adjusted
that you will be as good as new.

Thank you, I will)

I have three layers in my glasses. I found when I was working in the
library that I could not read the in between stuff. Faraway was fine, and
reading was also fine, but shelf reading was a pain, I had to come up
really close to be able to read the titles and labels. I got a third
layer added to my lenses and no lines in the glass to divine them. It
works like a charm. I do have early cataracts in both eyes, but for now
we still are doing fine.

Well don't hesitate to have the cataracts done. It is marvellous what they
do

Old June 5th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Good to hear as I have cataracts starting in my left eye that will need
correction sooner or later. Right now I am with Els on the multilevel
glasses. They are great and except for needing a bit more light than I
used to to see the stitches on dark items, I am getting along well.

Well don't hesitate to have the cataracts done. It is marvellous what they
do

A lesson in posting...from another group KJ Quilting 6 September 26th 05 01:42 PM
In "light" of recent posts KI Graham Quilting 4 September 10th 05 02:30 AM
number of facets m4816k Jewelry 7 March 26th 05 09:59 PM
OT Humour: Changing a light bulb Rachel Janzen Needlework 5 June 18th 04 09:27 PM