Rant on artificial light

Old February 8th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Rant on artificial light

It is sunny and bright here today! Thank goodness... since we were hit with
the snow on the weekend it has been snowing (lightly) and blowing (drifting
on the roads) quite a bit... so it is wonderful to see the bright warm
sunshine again. I will actually have to close my drapes by the computer in
about an hour though, or I will be blinded... and roasted by the heat of the
sun coming through this window. I am *not* complaining in the least bit.
;o)

Gem

"norabalcer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Aaron,

We have had the sun here too and like Shelagh the warmest Jan. in
decades. Now if we don't get socked with snow in March I'll be very
happy.

Hugs,

Nora

Old February 8th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Cheece ??????????????Turkish delight is NOT a chesse it a sweet Muchy
something that melts in your mouth .
mirjam

Hee hee - yes for sure.... however, the turkish delight in the chocolate
bar is not the same as the turkish delight candy on its own. The turkish
delight chocolate bar is almost like a soft ju jube candy coated in
chocolate, shaped as a chocolate bar. I hope this helps you imagine what
it's like. ;D

Shelagh

My goodness....lol....that'd give me a migraine...cheese and

chocolate....oh
well I can drool...

hugz cher

Old February 8th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The Jonathan Lady" wrote in message
"Shillelagh" wrote in message

This is a good day - I treated myself to a Turkish Delight chocolate bar

and
a glass of white wine. Yummmmmmm. ;)

Shelagh

Are you trying make us all envious? It sounds very yummy and I don't even
know what Turkish Delight is.

--
Jan in MN

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what it is, but it
sounds delicious!

Debby (FL)

Old February 9th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It's Sunny here in central Florida, but a bit cool. I'm not complaining
though, I'm from NY near the Canadian border and have had my fair share of
lake -effect snow and sub zero wind chills.
Debby

wrote in message
t...
The proper light for knitting fine wool is the first warm sunbeam of
spring!

Got mine yesterday. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

Aaron (in California)

Old February 9th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Hee hee - yes for sure.... however, the turkish delight in the chocolate
bar is not the same as the turkish delight candy on its own. The turkish
delight chocolate bar is almost like a soft ju jube candy coated in
chocolate, shaped as a chocolate bar. I hope this helps you imagine what
it's like. ;D

Shelagh

My Mom used to love that stuff. I found it too sweet for my taste, but then
my Mom had a MAJOR sweet tooth. ;o)

Gemini

Old February 9th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LOL Not in my Mom's case, sorry! She never learned to crochet at all, and
I tried teaching her to knit a few years before she had her first stroke.
She did well with plain knitting... her tension was good... but she became
flustered when it came to casting on or off, and couldn't purl if her life
depended on it. But she was happy with just plain knitting. She made long
strips of multi-coloured stripes, which she then sewed together to make an
afghan. ) Somewhere in bags, I still have more strips that my Mom made.
When I find them, if it looks like I have enough, I will join them to make
three afghans... one for each of my siblings. Of course I would love one
for myself too, but I don't think my Mom made that many strips.

However, in spite of her not being good at yarn crafting... she enjoyed
doing embroidery, and man, could she make delicious homemade fudge. Once
again a *little* too sweet for me to eat more than two pieces at the very
most... but if given the chance my Mom could have eaten the entire pan.
LOL

Gemini

t...

Old February 13th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I missed Shelagh's original post, which is just as well. I don't like
Turkish Delight, but Keith does. SO he eats the bar, and I drink the wine.
It works for us. g

I must say I'd rather not have them together, but I do enjoy both.
And speaking of chocolates - I recently did one of those Ebay things where I
have to spend the money, and the seller came back and said she'd overcharged
me for postage, what should she do. So after a couple of days of doing
nothing I suddenly remembered a US chocolate I used to be able to get
(Nutrageous) and then couldn't, so she's sending me some of those to the
value of what she owes me. Isn't THAT just the coolest thing?

Catherine

Old February 13th 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Catherine Milton wrote:
I missed Shelagh's original post, which is just as well. I don't like
Turkish Delight, but Keith does. SO he eats the bar, and I drink the
wine. It works for us. g

I must say I'd rather not have them together, but I do enjoy both.
And speaking of chocolates - I recently did one of those Ebay things
where I have to spend the money, and the seller came back and said
she'd overcharged me for postage, what should she do. So after a
couple of days of doing nothing I suddenly remembered a US chocolate
I used to be able to get (Nutrageous) and then couldn't, so she's
sending me some of those to the value of what she owes me. Isn't
THAT just the coolest thing?

SO everybody's happy. Good to hear.

Higs,
Katherine

In "light" of recent posts KI Graham Quilting 4 September 10th 05 02:30 AM
number of facets m4816k Jewelry 7 March 26th 05 10:59 PM
OT Humour: Changing a light bulb Rachel Janzen Needlework 5 June 18th 04 09:27 PM