COMPLETELY OT - Stickers!

Old July 28th 03, 12:24 AM
Tink

Default COMPLETELY OT - Stickers!

Back in the early 1980s when my stepchildren were about 10/12 years old, we
collected stickers together. Now, keep in mind that back then, finding ANY
kind of decorative sticker was somewhat of a coup. Suzy's Zoo, Mrs.
Grossman... Those were all in the future.

As with everything else I do, I completely immersed myself in the Quest For
Stickers. There was finally a magazine. Then sticker stores started showing
up. There was no (functional for the masses) internet back then, so finding
them was a challenge.

Bottom line, at the house where my ex lives is a Lane cedar chest with
bajillions of stickers in it. Now look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/i84i

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 28th 03, 02:07 AM
Kandice Seeber

Wow - Suzy's Zoo from the 80's for $25! Damn. I used to collect stickers
in the 80's! I shoulda kept them!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 28th 03, 02:10 AM
Kandice Seeber

Hehehehe - I am an 80's child. I was born in 1973 and had most of my
teenage years in the late 80's. This year I am turning 30. **sob**
Seriously, I don't feel old, unless I am listening to the radio and they
call an early 80's song a "flashback", "retro", and "an oldie". To me,
retro is the 70's and an oldie is the 50's and 60's. But then I think
about the fact that a lot of my favorite movies are more than 15 years old.
Sheesh.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I love the description... really old.. from the 80s.
My son would be surprised to hear he is really old.
Diana
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 28th 03, 03:05 AM
Sue Lund

Now look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/i84i

For ONE sheet?!? Man, I swear I still have a stack of these stashed
somewhere... I bought a ton of that stuff way back when.

Suedo
(like "pseudo", though I'm no phony baloney!)
http://members.aol.com/suedotlund

Namaste

Old July 28th 03, 03:10 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - 1973. Hehehehe.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

amen.
but according to many radio stations, oldies are anything more than 30
years old. guess where that puts us . . .

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Old July 28th 03, 03:12 AM
melinda

Diana Curtis wrote:
I love the description... really old.. from the 80s.
My son would be surprised to hear he is really old.
Diana
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

If '80s is old, what does that say about us born in the '70s!?!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old July 28th 03, 05:03 AM
Christina Peterson

Dean Martin?

"vj" wrote in message

OLDIES ARE PRE-BEATLES, DAMMIT!!!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]

Old July 28th 03, 06:03 AM
Carol in SLC

Now look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/i84i

For ONE sheet?!? Man, I swear I still have a stack of these stashed
somewhere... I bought a ton of that stuff way back when.

Holy cow! I have a whole Sterilite drawer crammed full of sheets of stickers.
Guess I should check to see if any of them are that old, LOL. Course, I would
have a real hard time convincing myself to sell off any of my scrappin'
supplies VBG!

Carol in SLC
My eBay auctions:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...include=0&user
id=celestialbeads&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1
Old July 28th 03, 01:30 PM
Steve & Susan Wright

Getting away from the "old" topic on this thread but the stickers probably
won't stick very well now. I used to give packets of Hallmark stickers at
Halloween at that time period. When we got ready to move I found a bunch of
them and put them in the garage sale. I opened several packets to give
sheets to the kids that came but found the glue back was no longer much of a
sticker.

I use small stickers now that have good shapes on them for resist for glass
etching. Butterflies, stars, dots, fish, angels etc. You have to look at
how the stickers are cut since many are not cut to the outline of the item.

Susan W