gold chain by the inch

Old February 19th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default gold chain by the inch

I am looking for a reputable internet site to buy gold chain by the
inch. For myself, not wholesale.
Does anyone have any recommendations Thanks Liz

Old February 19th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:35:27 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry "
wrote:

I am looking for a reputable internet site to buy gold chain by the
inch. For myself, not wholesale.
Does anyone have any recommendations Thanks Liz

Are you looking for gold filled or gold plated chain? Or better quality, like
karat gold?

The reason I ask is that most of the places selling "chain by the inch" at the
retail level are selling plated or at most, gold filled. In short, crappy
chain.

So please clarity just what you're looking for.

And, have you tried simply googling it?

Peter
Old February 19th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

wrote:
I am looking for a reputable internet site to buy gold chain by the
inch. For myself, not wholesale.
Does anyone have any recommendations Thanks Liz

Are you looking for gold filled or gold plated chain? Or better quality, like
karat gold?

The reason I ask is that most of the places selling "chain by the inch" at the
retail level are selling plated or at most, gold filled. In short, crappy
chain.

So please clarity just what you're looking for.

And, have you tried simply googling it?

Peter

My sister and I would like some shorter chains for necklaces--14" for
ourselves, and, shorter ones for our grandchildren.
Better quality
Naturally, I've found sources on the internet, but am hesitant to
order from any without
a recommendation or 2. We, as novices, will not be able to determine
the quality
once the order is received, and therefore are reluctant to order over
the internet. Thanks Liz
Most of our local jewelers will not sell by the inch.

Old February 19th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

wrote:

"

wrote:
I am looking for a reputable internet site to buy gold chain by the
inch. For myself, not wholesale.
Does anyone have any recommendations Thanks Liz

Are you looking for gold filled or gold plated chain? Or better

quality, like
karat gold?

The reason I ask is that most of the places selling "chain by the

inch" at the
retail level are selling plated or at most, gold filled. In short,

crappy
chain.

So please clarity just what you're looking for.

And, have you tried simply googling it?

Peter

My sister and I would like some shorter chains for necklaces--14" for
ourselves, and, shorter ones for our grandchildren.

Why do you want to buy by the inch? Do you have the equipment to attach
the jumprings and the springrings, or whatever locks you want to use?

Better quality
Naturally, I've found sources on the internet, but am hesitant to
order from any without
a recommendation or 2.

Professionals do not buy chains by the inch from the Net. They buy this
from wholesalers. Unless you have an account with one of these, or are
in the trade, you cannot buy from them.

I know at least three suppliers, that I work with, but I am not giving
away my sources to someone who wants to cut me (or one of my colleagues)
out of my own trade.

We, as novices, will not be able to determine
the quality
once the order is received, and therefore are reluctant to order over
the internet.

So don't, sound easy enough to me.

Thanks Liz
Most of our local jewelers will not sell by the inch.

You don't need "most", you only need one to sell you what you want.

Unless I am missing something. I have a hunch what it is, but I better
keep my mouth shut.

I strongly suggest you go to a local jeweler or jewelry store you trust,
and get what you want.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

PS. And please do not supply a fake email address.

Old February 21st 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:31:00 GMT in rec.crafts.jewelry Ravi Ramani
, intended to write something intelligible,
but instead wrote :

wrote:
I am looking for a reputable internet site to buy gold chain by the
inch. For myself, not wholesale.
Does anyone have any recommendations Thanks Liz

You can go to any local jeweler, order the one you like in 16" and the
jeweler will be able to shorten it for you. You can always for credit on
the remaining gold that you don't need. There should be no reason why a
local jeweler should not be able to shorten it for you. I know quite a
few chain manufacturers who sell them by inches and add the lobsters or
jumprings to them later on.

Ravi K.
www.gemsutra.com

Are you aware that Google will specifically ban any sites that use
hidden background words? (LIke
Loose Diamonds, loose diamond lots, loose diamond parcels, cheap loose
diamonds, cheap loose diamond lots, cheap platinum rings, cheap
platinum engagegement rings, online diamonds, loose diamond
wholesaler, diamond wholesaler, discount loose diamond, discount loose
diamond lots, discount diamond engagement ring, discount platinum
engagement rings, platinum wedding band, gia certified diamonds, cheap
gia diamonds, cheap certified diamonds, discount certified diamonds
for example.)

Write me offlist and I'll teach you how to make Google place you at or
near the top of any searches. My site, which I don't post to Usenet,
hits at the top or near the top every time.)

Old February 21st 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
m3rma1d

Abrasha wrote:

Unless I am missing something. I have a hunch what it is, but I better
keep my mouth shut.

Yeah I think I have the same hunch.
I'll rephrase that: "ME 2"

--m3rma1d
--
To reply by email, carefully remove my panties.

Old February 21st 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:43:41 +0000, Frosty wrote:

Write me offlist and I'll teach you how to make Google place you at or
near the top of any searches. My site, which I don't post to Usenet,
hits at the top or near the top every time.)

Ahhh, c'mon, don't be shy:
http://www.frostyiris.com/shop/

(We know it's really not you.)