This Group

Old March 13th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default This Group

I've been gone for a little while due to medical reasons. What in the world
has happened here? The only posts I'm getting are pure junk.

Old March 13th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

It's just the way groups are. The postings and replies come in waves.
Next month it could really take off again.

Andy

Old March 14th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
I've been gone for a little while due to medical reasons. What in the

world
has happened here? The only posts I'm getting are pure junk.

It's purely a reflection of our industry.... in the toilet Bev.

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com

Old March 14th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

What would you like to talk about?

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old March 14th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

It's purely a reflection of our industry.... in the toilet Bev.

I've been gone for about a month & come back to "see how good I am" and "buy
my stuff". Happened to another group I used to frequent about a year ago..
it never recovered. Hope this one does.

Old March 14th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"C Ryman" wrote in message
What would you like to talk about?

How about slow recovery after spinal surgery (L4-S1 fusion with bars &
screws). Any suggestions, other than the obvious?

Old March 14th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default looking for beveled glass

Could someone point me to a source for beveled glass squares and rectangle
shapes? Anything from about 2 inches to 6 inches. Thanks. Jane

Old March 14th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Quantities?

Almost any retail store would have "some" to choose from.

If you need large quantities, www.mcgillswarehouse.com has as good a price
as I've ever seen. Their shipping can be a bit pricey, though.

Old March 14th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Yeah, and if you buy from McGills and pay with a credit card, they
charge you extra despite that being a violation of the TOS of Visa, MC
and the others. And to top that off...they never make mistakes...or at
least that's what they think. I don't know how they stay in business.
They used to run these huge sales and not have the items in stock. You
had to prepay for the stuff and then they'd go and order it. If they
sent you the wrong item it was miserable trying to get a credit, a
return or a refund.

andy

Old March 14th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yeah, and if you buy from McGills and pay with a credit card, they
charge you extra despite that being a violation of the TOS of Visa, MC
and the others. And to top that off...they never make mistakes...or at
least that's what they think. I don't know how they stay in business.
They used to run these huge sales and not have the items in stock. You
had to prepay for the stuff and then they'd go and order it. If they
sent you the wrong item it was miserable trying to get a credit, a
return or a refund.

andy

Which is why it is always better to buy what you can see, touch and feel.
That way if you get home and have a big ole' scratch in a bevel, it can only
be your fault, and if you buy on the internet and get a scratched bevel, it
is also your fault.... I have no confidence having someone else pic out my
glass, beveled or any other kind.