OT waaahhhhh!!! Needing sympathy- poor lil ol' me....

Old May 13th 04, 04:14 AM
Leslie in Missouri

Default OT waaahhhhh!!! Needing sympathy- poor lil ol' me....

I'm packing my house up. You'd think I'd be used to it- this is the
eighth move since we moved from AZ to MO in 1988. We always were
building a "better" house or buying a bargain at an auction, fixing it
up, selling and moving again. Now it's just me 'n the dogs and I'm
moving to a house about 1/3 this house's size. I started packing 4 days
ago (the sale has been up in the air, almost lost it and then delayed 3
times!). The final papers are to be signed Monday morning and then I
have until 8 a.m. Wednesday morning when the movers will be here. I'm
tired but can't sleep. My back hurts- heck, EVERYTHING hurts. I'm
bummed out- too many memories are attacking me as I pack. The Furbabies
are worried cuz they don't understand where everything is disappearing
to- they follow me around and I keep tripping over them (three 85-100
lb. dogs!). They are scared of flattened boxes turning into three
dimensional beings right in front of their eyes. They don't like the
sound of the packing tape dispenser and are getting "lost" in the maze
of boxes. The sewing room and all my books are already packed up.
Phooey. I need a hug.....so do The HairyFacedOnes. (I'm doing a a lot
of fondling on My Hug Quilt...... thank y'all, again, for that comfort.)

Leslie, The Grumpy Gus

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old May 13th 04, 04:41 AM
Polly Esther

Okay, Leslie. Get a grip. You will not have at your fingertips everything
you need when you arrive at the new place. Things will get lost. Some things
will appear in 5 or 10 years. Maybe not. All of the left shoes, cereal bowls
and toilet tissue will wind up in a box labeled "garage". All moving
experiences strictly adhere to Murphy's Law. Just take loving care of the
Furbabies. The rest will just have to make do. Sending hugs and wishing you
lots of happy times in your new home. Polly

Old May 13th 04, 06:19 AM
Joanna

You have my sympathy!! I just completed a cross country move and no
matter the distance it's never fun. And I feel for the poor QI's as
well. Don't know which way is up. Give them extra love, which will give
you extra back as well. I'll pray it's as easy as moving can be.
Take Care
Joanna
--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old May 13th 04, 06:27 AM
Butterfly

Put a box in your VEHICLE which has fork /spoon/ knife/ paper
plates/TP/Paper towels/cup/ONE pot/pan/paring knife/stirring spoon/EXTRA
batteries/radio/phone book/phone/phone cord/and a few fast-put-together food
items (hot cocoa/tea/instant coffee/milk/sugar/salt pepper/beans/anything
really quick for a fast pick-me-up whilst unpacking--don't forget a small
box of baking soda ((brush teeth/in tub for a soothing bath/quick scrubbing
agent/etc)) )
In 2nd container, put in pillows/sheets/blankie MORE TP/paper
towels/toothbrush/comb/nail clippers/scissors
In 3rd container, IMPORTANT paperwork
This worked wonders to have this system
on a number of moves for us.......YOU put these 3 containers in your vehicle
and do NOT take them out until after you move--also helps to number them 1,
2 , & 3 if you are using cardboard boxes for these.

Whatever you do ___do NOT_____ use garbage bags for these 3
containers.......

(((You might need a 4th box for your FurBabies things)))

HTH
Butterfly
ink.net...

Old May 13th 04, 09:21 AM
Kate Dicey

Leslie in Missouri wrote:

[...]

Sending (((BIG FAT HUGS))) to all 4 of you!

I remember when we were packing to move to Malta: Little Sis was about
two and a half, and this was the first move she was aware of. Every
time Dad packed something of hers in a box, she dragged it out again! H
had to pack everything at night after she was in bed, or barricade the
dining room door against her! And because he's been away on a course
for months, and only home at weekends, she like to follow him about like
a shadow!

As most of our houses were boring RAF married quarters, and all the
same, we didn't worry about leaving them. Now I've lived here for 20
years, I'd hate to have to leave, even though the house is slightly too
small (2 more rooms would be good - and a second bathroom!), and the
garden a bit too big!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old May 13th 04, 12:14 PM
Patti

Oh dear Leslie
Sounds to me like you need a magic wand as well as a hug. I'll do my
best - swish, swish, swish. In case that didn't work, here's a HUG too
- {{{{Leslie}}}}. and some pats for the furbabies ^ ^ ^ ^
..
In article , Leslie in
Missouri writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 13th 04, 01:09 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Oh, God, Leslie, I do sympathize! I moved five times between 1987 and
1998--the final move to Arizona made with a three cats and me in the cab of
the moving truck, and all my worldly goods packed tightly by myself and my
son--who could not make the four-day drive to Tucson with me. So scarey to
make a move on your own! Sit down on the floor with your furbabies and hug
and pet them. They will appreciate it. I still remember driving through
Texas Canyon (sometimes called Devil's Gorge, with good reason!) and pulling
into the wayside rest. I asked the cats if we could just set up
housekeeping right there, we had everything we needed in the truck...but
they insisted we go on to Tucson. Those furbabies are such good companions,
they will make the move all worthwhile in the end. Advil helps the pain, a
glass of wine will relax the taut muscles and help you sleep, and all the
hugs you get from your friends here will help too. Hugs and good thoughts
on the way from Tucson! Wish you were moving here.

By the way, don't forget to have a stout cutting tool in your purse when you
arrive at the new house. And take lots of treats for the dogs, and hand
them out with a lavish hand. Also take their favorite toys to fetch--balls,
Frisbees. Those frequent games of fetch take a lot of the stress out of
unpacking, and help the furbabies run off some of the nervous energy.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old May 13th 04, 01:41 PM
Musicmaker

dear grumpy,

Keep telling yourself "this, too, shall end"

--
Cindy Bettinger;

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
http://simplymusic.net

Old May 13th 04, 01:48 PM
DDM

I'll weep and wail for you while you have to pack up and move and then start
the happy dancing when you get into your new home, Leslie. Hoping you have
a stress free move and find all the essentials quickly in the new place.

Dee in LeRoy, NY