future Baltimore quilt!

Old July 10th 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Default future Baltimore quilt!

Bev, do some figuring before you set your mind to 6" blocks for DH or
DJ. If you are also adding the borders and the sashings that will be
a huge quilt....
My DJ is done with the 4 1/2" blocks, plus half inch sashing plus the
triangle borders and it is the largest quilt I plan to do. G I can't
imagine it almost a third larger.
On the other hand, when I started my DJ it was partly to learn hand
applique. After it was done, I found backbasting applique and haven't
looked back since.

Have fun,
Pati, in Phx

I've been wavering between a Baltimore album, DJ (Dear Jane), or DH
(Dear Hannah quilt for quit a while. *Last week, I finally determined
that I am going to do the DH first, but with a 6-in block so that the
quilt will be big enough for me. *A DH quilt is both pieced &
appliqued, with a bit more applique tan patchwork. *Much of the
applique is rather fine (very narrow stems, etc), even after enlarging
the block. *As I've only done a little applique, it made me wonder
whether I am capable of doing it or not. *A few years ago, I took a
couple different classes on hand applique at my LQS. The instructors
only had time to show everyone at once (difficult for most students to
see), and there was no time for double checking on individual
students. *So, I took an individual hand applique class on Monday and
I am now very confident that I can do this after some practice. *My
practice blocks will be hotpot holders, as I need some new ones. * *I
got some black batik for hotpot holders, as I want to see how hard it
would be to use such a dark background fabric.

Bev in TX

Old July 10th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 6:41*pm, "Pati, in Phx" wrote:
Bev, do some figuring before you set your mind to 6" blocks for DH or
DJ. *If you are also adding the borders and the sashings that will be
a huge quilt....
My DJ is done with the 4 1/2" blocks, plus half inch sashing plus the
triangle borders and it is the largest quilt I plan to do. G I can't
imagine it almost a third larger.
On the other hand, when I started my DJ it was partly to learn hand
applique. After it was done, I found backbasting applique and haven't
looked back since.

Have fun,
Pati, in Phx

Thanks for that tip :-).

That would be true of a DJ quilt, but a standard DH quilt is smaller
than a standard DJ quilt. According the DJ/DH software, a DH done
with 6-1/2" blocks and triangle borders would be 89.5"x102.5".

Bev in TX
Old July 10th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I have both The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part II by Elly
Sienkiewicz, and Baltimore Basics Album Quilts from Start to Finish by
Mimi Dietrich. I am using patterns from the Dietrich book, which are
simpler, for my first Baltimore project.
Old July 11th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 10:18*am, Mary wrote:
I have both The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part II by Elly
Sienkiewicz, and Baltimore Basics Album Quilts from Start to Finish by
Mimi Dietrich. *I am using patterns from the Dietrich book, which are
simpler, for my first Baltimore project.

I have "The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part I" by Elly Sienkiewicz and
"Baltimore Basics Album Quilts from Start to Finish" by Mimi
Dietrich. I've debated getting "The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part
II", but thought that I could not justify it, given that I've never
made a Baltimore Album quilt yet.

Bev in Tx
Old July 11th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 7:37*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 10, 10:18*am, Mary wrote:

I have both The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part II by Elly
Sienkiewicz, and Baltimore Basics Album Quilts from Start to Finish by
Mimi Dietrich. *I am using patterns from the Dietrich book, which are
simpler, for my first Baltimore project.

I have "The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part I" by Elly Sienkiewicz and
"Baltimore Basics Album Quilts from Start to Finish" by Mimi
Dietrich. *I've debated getting *"The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part
II", but thought that I could not justify it, given that I've never
made a Baltimore Album quilt yet.

Bev in Tx

I should have looked before I posted. I have "Baltimore Beauties and
Beyond: Studies in Classic Album Quilt Applique, Vol. 1". Sorry
about that.
Bev

FA: Baltimore Bride's Quilt Designs by Doreen Saunders 1993 Number1Fred Marketplace 0 October 12th 06 10:18 PM
OT-future long distance visiting and/or quilt shows (just to keep this on topic somewhat) nzlstar* Quilting 57 August 19th 06 10:04 PM
OT-future long distance visiting and/or quilt shows (just to keep this on topic somewhat) Don/Gen Quilting 0 August 12th 06 03:36 AM
Baltimore Quilt Ruth Bond Quilting 15 June 5th 06 06:30 PM
Baltimore Album Quilt Melissa in NJ Quilting 1 August 18th 04 08:37 PM