Somebody's about to get ripped off bigtime

Old September 26th 05, 06:12 PM
Kalera

Default Somebody's about to get ripped off bigtime

This kinda makes me sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AustinHamilton-W...temZ5035196619
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old September 26th 05, 06:38 PM
katieW.

um....... why will this be a rip-off? (I'm ignorant and curious. I've
looked at several of his auctions in the past, but have never bid.)

Thanks!!!!

Katie

Old September 26th 05, 07:27 PM
Dr. Sooz

This kinda makes me sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AustinHamilton-W...rk-Beads-b1045...

~~~~~~~~~
OH MAN. Me too.

Old September 26th 05, 10:00 PM
Kandice Seeber

Ick.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old September 27th 05, 01:14 AM
Cheryl

Why?
the person may be selling low- end jewelry
and the cost per bead is in their budget.

They certainly have an adequate photo to judge whether or not they can
use the beads for their designs....
Definitely not "high end" lampwork, but if that is what they buyer is
looking for - why would it
"make you sad?"

Cheryl

Old September 27th 05, 01:22 AM
Dr. Sooz

Why?
~~~~~~~
I think you must've missed the millions (yes, MILLIONS! haw) of
conversations we've had here about Mr. Hamilton, Cheryl.
****** ****** ********
- why would it "make you sad?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Because the person who wins that auction is going to get *way*
substandard beads (no matter what they may look like) for a **big** sum
of money, and that's sad.

Old September 27th 05, 01:57 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

He passes off poor quality Chinese lampwork as 'artisan-made'. The
beads in that auction are worth about $25, maybe.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old September 27th 05, 02:00 AM
Lara

AUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

Check out my eBay auctions: http://snipurl.com/8fa3
"Kalera" wrote in message
This kinda makes me sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AustinHamilton-W...s-b1045_W0QQit
emZ5035196619
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old September 27th 05, 02:11 AM
katieW.

Wow.

I always wondered why every one of his sets seems to have the same
designs, just in different colors, but then I just figured that he'd
hit upon a combination that was easy for him to make and was appealing
to his target audience.

Glad to know.

If I'm gonna drop $$$ on lampwork, I want to know I am supporting the
artist.... heck, I think I've helped build room additions for
some....... LOL!!!!

katie

Old September 27th 05, 04:59 AM
Kandice Seeber

Because they misprepresent the beads as being handmade and annealed by them
when they are imported unannealed lampwork, and because this seller has
exhibited unscrupulous business practices, including copyright infringement
(of text) many times. They're dishonest.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Why?
the person may be selling low- end jewelry
and the cost per bead is in their budget.

They certainly have an adequate photo to judge whether or not they can
use the beads for their designs....
Definitely not "high end" lampwork, but if that is what they buyer is
looking for - why would it
"make you sad?"

Cheryl

Huge Lot of Plastic Canvas Magazines....clearing them out!! Kim Needlework 0 May 11th 04 09:47 PM
Huge Lot of Plastic Canvas Magazines...clearing them out!! Kim General Crafting 0 May 11th 04 09:45 PM
Huge Lot of Plastic Canvas Mags....clearing them out!! Kim Marketplace 0 May 11th 04 09:44 PM
Somebodys' HB Butterfly Quilting 7 April 3rd 04 08:49 PM
Somebody's HB Joanne Passmore Quilting 0 April 2nd 04 11:41 PM