Nasty gossip

Old November 6th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Nasty gossip

No, nothing about the pet whipping boy. I was reading a review of one
of Alastair Duncan's book and one of the reviews wasn't a review at
all, but a comment that Duncan caught some heat by selling a stolen
Tiffany window. I was skeptical. Does anybody know the story?

Michael

Old November 6th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
The Shadow

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
No, nothing about the pet whipping boy. I was reading a review of one
of Alastair Duncan's book and one of the reviews wasn't a review at
all, but a comment that Duncan caught some heat by selling a stolen
Tiffany window. I was skeptical. Does anybody know the story?

Michael

yup, and did some time for it too. not all that long ago either.

windows were stolen from a Mausoleum, bought by a dealer, who knew the
thief, for a customer in Japan who was to buy them. It was a "steal for me
what I have sold" sort of deal. but somebody snitched when they found they
were not going to make the kind of money they were expecting.

From what I understand, the above may or may not be true, (legal disclaimer)

Old November 6th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Nov 5, 6:14 pm, Michael wrote:
No, nothing about the pet whipping boy. I was reading a review of one
of Alastair Duncan's book and one of the reviews wasn't a review at
all, but a comment that Duncan caught some heat by selling a stolen
Tiffany window. I was skeptical. Does anybody know the story?

Michael

METRO NEWS BRIEFS: NEW YORK; Stained-Glass Expert Gets Prison
Sentence
Published: March 10, 2000
A renowned expert on Tiffany stained glass was sentenced yesterday to
27 months in federal prison for conspiring with a Queens grave robber
and an antiques dealer to pilfer rare stained-glass windows from
cemetery mausoleums and sell them overseas at a large profit.

The man, Alastair Duncan, 57, said in federal court in Manhattan
yesterday that both his life and his 25-year career had been ruined,
and he pleaded with Judge Thomas P. Griesa of United States District
Court not to send him to prison.

More than 190 friends and associates had written to Judge Griesa
supporting Mr. Duncan, who has denied knowing that a Tiffany stained-
glass window he helped sell for $220,000 had been stolen from a
cemetery. But the judge ordered Mr. Duncan to repay the cemetery that
amount.

Old November 7th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Thanks for the scuttle on this, Shadow and Neo. He probably figured
that stealing from the dead isn't as bad as stealing from the living.

Michael

Old November 9th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
No, nothing about the pet whipping boy. I was reading a review of one
of Alastair Duncan's book and one of the reviews wasn't a review at
all, but a comment that Duncan caught some heat by selling a stolen
Tiffany window. I was skeptical. Does anybody know the story?

Michael

All true....Google it.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

totally OT ---- Keanu Reeves gossip Dr. Sooz Beads 41 August 31st 05 06:47 AM
a bit more gossip The Larsons Quilting 25 May 31st 05 12:05 PM
Jo-Ann's gossip Brenda Needlework 3 November 21st 04 04:27 PM
OT--Nasty Cat Toy! Kate Dicey Quilting 17 August 16th 03 07:46 PM