OT Thanksgiving

Old November 18th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default OT Thanksgiving

Beckibead wrote:
Patti -- is a parody of M.C. Hammer, who wrote and performed the song
"Can't Touch This." He wears glasses, had (at the time) a square-top
haircut and wore big, harem pants.

I think it could correctly be called a parody. Just my opinion,
however.

Becki

Becki,
Your explanation makes me feel a bit better, but I still would not
send the card to anyone.

Patti

Old November 18th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

OH GOSH - Becki
Staying Alive would be a great one --
start now - then see if you can get AG
to buy the rights!
Whoooo!
Cheryl
Beckibead wrote:
And now I am envisioning myself writing next year's card to the tune of
"Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees. LOLOL -- Becki. Famous on American
Greetings. My new fantasy!!!

Bec

Old November 19th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Glitzy Glass

I think I found it!
http://www.msn.americangreetings.com...ath=25200&va=1

Happy Thanksgiving!
Denise
Glitzy Glass Studio
www.glassbeadz.com
Patti wrote:
Beckibead wrote:
Jerri -- it is not. Which is why I want the old one so badly now.
LOL. I sent that one out to my friends a few days ago and some of them
loved it, but I thought it a bit stupid.

Becki

Did anyone else think the new card is a little politically incorrect?
I think it borders on racist, but maybe I'm taking it too seriously?

Patti

Old November 19th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

OMG
they must have put it back due to demand!

LOL
Cheryl

Old November 20th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Yes yes yes god bless you all and American Greetings too, LOL. Cheryl
sent it to me (OF COURSE) and I just keep playing it over and over.
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Becki

Old November 20th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

I LOVED "You Can't Stuff This"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

```````````````````````````````````
Beckibead wrote:
Did anyone happen to download a copy to their computer of the
thanksgiving card of of the turkey singing the Gloria Gaynor song "I
will survive?" It is no longer available on the American Greetings
website and I really wanted to show it to some people at work. If
anyone has it could you email it to me at yahoo? (beckibead at the yoo
hoo site).

I know Cheryl brightened up my life with that last year and it was a
big hit. Would love to see it again.

Thanks for your indulgance!!!

Becki

Old November 20th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

I don't know how it could be termed racist, since it's a near-exact
copy (as much as a simple little cartoon can be) of the video of the
original "You Can't Touch This."

````````````````````````````````````

Old November 20th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Sooz -- I can see exactly how people would think it was racist. If you
don't know MC Hammer, you totally wouldn't get it. It is
understandable.

He is from Oakland -- not surprised that you might know who he is!!
East coasters might not.

I, of course, love black men and hip-hop music so I get it even though
I am from the East Coast but most white people my age? It would
totally go over their heads.

Much love -- Becki

Old November 20th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default OT Thanksgiving AND FOR CHERYL

I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!! Thanks for taking care of me at Thanksgiving!

Becki

Old November 20th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

You may be right, I may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic you're
looking for!