an applique alphabet source

Old September 28th 05, 03:30 PM
D Curtis

Default an applique alphabet source

http://www.hefty.com/AlphabetBook/coloringbook.html
The pictures are of animals that correspond to the letter of the
alphabet that is featured. I see a potential for spelling out a loved
childs name in a quilt. Sometime. Maybe
Have fun!
Diana
Old September 29th 05, 02:39 PM
Susan Laity Price

Thank you for this post. I have had the women in the nursing home
color some Sunbonnet Sue pictures on fabric which I will make into a
wallhanging for their lobby. They really liked the project. These
Alphabet pictures would make a great quilt for a school. I will see if
I can find a school willing to hang the quilt and then ask the gals at
the nursing home if they would like to color the animals. I think the
women would really like to think that they helped children. This is
one of those places where a lot of families put their elderly to get
rid of them. Some of the residents don't have any family. It is really
sad. The staff tries to help but with heating costs going up this
winter (and public aid from state staying the same or in some cases
being cut) the company that owns the facility has required cuts in
other areas. Of course acitivities budget is the first to go.

Susan

Old September 29th 05, 02:43 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Have your Social Worker contact local churches and community resources to
raise funds to buy arts and crafts supplies for your Activity Director. I
did that and we received enough to fund the account for 2 years with one
fund raiser. Let your community know your need and they'll come thru.
Psycho-social needs are the last item on the list when it comes to funding
and the first to be cut during a perceived crisis.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old September 29th 05, 03:59 PM
D Curtis

Susan, it makes me very glad that I posted this then, knowing its going
to help you help the folks feel useful. Thank you.
Diana

Old October 3rd 05, 06:36 PM
Judy

Thankeee for posting this link! I've often wanted a letter to applique and
NOW I can!! Thanks again! (not to mention coloring pages when I babysit the
GGD!)
ME-Judy