looking for letter set - 3/16" - (if on stamp not reversed)

Old July 20th 05, 09:10 PM
Kim

Default looking for letter set - 3/16" - (if on stamp not reversed)

Hi,

I'm trying to find a letter set, 5/32" - 3/16" high (caps only).
Stand-alone letters or on stamps. If on stamps, then not reversed.
(would produce a reversed image if you inked it...) They need to be at
least 1/32" thick (if on a smamp then raised that high), but
prefereably 1/16" thick. (If they are beads, then no extra loops for
stringing.)

Anyone know where I can get this?

(I found a reversed metal stamp set for stamping metal, but the letters
are not flat on top, they are rounded (one set looks pretty sharp) to
facilitate stamping steel. I need them to be flat.)

Thanks

Old July 20th 05, 09:24 PM
Joe AutoDrill

(I found a reversed metal stamp set for stamping metal, but the letters
are not flat on top, they are rounded (one set looks pretty sharp) to
facilitate stamping steel. I need them to be flat.)

Are they pronounced enough that you could mill the top off of all of them
and make them flat? Might be hard to do, but might also be the only way to
get them...

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Old July 20th 05, 11:07 PM
Fragile Warrior Bees

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
(I found a reversed metal stamp set for stamping metal, but the letters
are not flat on top, they are rounded (one set looks pretty sharp) to
facilitate stamping steel. I need them to be flat.)

Are they pronounced enough that you could mill the top off of all of them
and make them flat? Might be hard to do, but might also be the only way
to get them...

Can I ask what they will be used for? Inked letters (like rubber stamps and
typesetter print) are reversed to come out correctly when inked.

Could you use a set of reversed letters and make your own molds to make
letters facing the way you want them?

Old July 20th 05, 11:30 PM
Dr. Sooz

Go to a well-stocked scrapbook store. They have all sorts of letters
-- not just rubber stamps, not just stickers. The one near me even has
miniature Scrabble letter tiles.

Old July 21st 05, 10:35 PM
Risible

Kim wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to find a letter set, 5/32" - 3/16" high (caps only).
Stand-alone letters or on stamps. If on stamps, then not reversed.
(would produce a reversed image if you inked it...) They need to be at
least 1/32" thick (if on a smamp then raised that high), but
prefereably 1/16" thick. (If they are beads, then no extra loops for
stringing.)

I don't think that I understand exactly what you're looking for and
what you'll be doing with it. But I have an idea anyway. :-)

Pat Kight has suggested Ready Stamp (for custom rubber stamps) here
several times over the years. (Thanks, Pat!) Maybe this would work
for you.

Using your computer's graphics program or word processor, create a
7"x9" document and fill it with the size letters that you want, using
your choice of font(s). Leave enough space between the letters so that
you can cut them apart if you wish. If you type the letters normally,
the rubber stamps would print backwards, as you requested.

Now for the interesting part. Be sure to request the matrix board when
you order your stamps. The matrix board is a "reverse" mold. You can
use different types of materials (such as polymer clay) to fill the
molds. However, the objects are then reversed, just as the stamped
images are. SO, take some of those letters that you typed and
*reverse* them using your software. Your document will have some
normal letters and some reversed letters. Now you can use your matrix
board to make little letters out of clay, melted embossing powders,
paper, etc. (You should experiment with different materials and
release agents on the part of the matrix that will reverse your
letters.) :-)

Of course, now you will have some rubber stamps that will print normal
letters, which is not what you wanted. Send them to me, and I'll
happily punch them out with a regular office-type hole punch, and glue
them on the eraser end of a regular pencil, or on dowels. ;-)

Here are the URLs:
Ready Stamp Info: http://www.polyclay.com/ready.htm
Ready Stamp Matrix Uses: http://www.polyclay.com/npcgpins.htm

Sincerely,