stamp conventions

Old July 11th 05, 03:29 AM
Barbara Hass

Default stamp conventions

Has anyone else ever attended a stamp convention? My mom and mom-in-law
are planning on attending one in Fort Wayne, IN, put on by Auntie Amy
Stamps. We went to one last year and had a blast. Much restraint to
not spend thousands of dollars on all the cool stuff! And TONS of
companies there, also classes, workshops, and make-and-takes to attend.
Also, they did this thing where you made six cards. One got donated
to Ronald McDonald house, and the other five were used in a card swap,
so you got your bag back at the end of the day with five cards from
other people. Anyhow, my mom called today to talk over some details,
and we're looking forward to it.

I wanted to let anyone who is thinking of attending one of these
conventions know that right now, if you sign up for the newsletter on
the Auntie Amy website, you get a free 2-day ticket to the show of your
choice (has to be 2 months or more away, though).

No affiliation, just had fun and wanted to let everyone know of the free
tickets....

Barbara

Old July 11th 05, 05:17 AM
Jeannette Marsala

I haven't gone to any yet, but I plan to attend the Rubberama this
September in San Jose. It's hosted by A Stamp in Hand. The card swap
sounds fun. I hope they do something similar at that convention.

Jeannette
Old July 11th 05, 11:39 AM
Kenda

I plan on attending one in Memphis the middle of August. Last year (it's
first year) it apparently was a big success. I'm excited, plan to go even
if I go by myself! LOL I plan to take my Mom but will see how her health
is. I have ordered 2 tickets, so will drag someone even if it's DH!
--
Kenda
(remove nospam to use email addy)

Old July 11th 05, 11:28 PM
George Zadek

We have a great stamping convention here in Cincinnati, OH. This year it
is August 10, 11 & 12th. I don't attend the classes. I go to buy. It is
hosted by Stamp Your Art Out. They have lots of stamping companies there
from all over the USA & Canada. It is wonderful!
Pat

Old July 13th 05, 07:53 PM
Shell

We actually had some Stamp Conventions here in Anchorage Alaska and I
went for 2 years straight and loved each one!
It got to be that the vendors couldn't make ends meet for all that they
would bring for the convention to sell so they decided not to have them
anymore here.....great loss for us stampers in alaska.

Shell