Healing properties of gemstones

Old December 18th 04, 12:41 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Healing properties of gemstones

Well, I'm not much of a believer in such things but it's such an attractive
idea to think that carrying something around or wearing it may help you that
perhaps it's as much in the mind as anything. I know that when I wear
things made with lampwork I enjoy it, and that makes me feel better. I know
that other people believe strongly in such things as healing properties,
crystals, and all sorts of alternative therapies. Right now I feel as if I
could really use any extra help and I'm willing to be converted into a
believer.

So, what's the best for hope, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness when
dealing with bureaucracy?

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old December 18th 04, 01:17 PM
Arondelle

Su/Cutworks wrote:
So, what's the best for hope, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness when
dealing with bureaucracy?

Start with a hematite to ground you. The rest -- I'll have to look up
and let you know. :-)

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net

Old December 18th 04, 01:29 PM
Harry

Here is a link to what many may be looking for:
http://www.home-jewelry-business-suc...tone-lore.html

My personal guess for help with many problems would be gold... lot's of
gold!

Harry

Old December 18th 04, 02:59 PM
Su/Cutworks

Harry wrote:

My personal guess for help with many problems would be gold... lot's of
gold!

*grin*

Now that's a great perspective. I'd personally go for silver but that's
because I love it and it takes LOTS of it to make the equivalent of a little
gold. So I could be rich and have LOTS.

Thanks for the laugh, Harry.

-Su

Old December 18th 04, 02:59 PM
Su/Cutworks

Harry wrote:

Here is a link to what many may be looking for:
http://www.home-jewelry-business-suc...tone-lore.html

Hmmm... well, I've always loved amber and own a lot of it set in silver:

"Amber: Soothing, calming, cleansing."

Bloodstone is listed as one of my birthstones, being a March baby and a
Pisces:

" Bloodstone: Courage, intense healing, renewal, strength, victory,
intuitive decision making."
That sounds the ticket. I've ordered a set of bloodstone beads to wear as
a necklace while I do battle with the forces of jobsworths and clerical
idiots.

Carnelian:

"Carnelian: Precision, analytical capabilities, physical energy, verbal
skill, peace, spirituality"
Hmmm, must have carnelian in the blood according to the verbal bit but not
sure about the rest... ;-)

Hematite:

"Hematite: Mental attunement, memory, calming, balance, focusing energy and
emotions, peace, inner happiness, transforming negativity"
I'll have a double helping then! I'll need it. I love hematite anyway!

Onyx:

"Onyx: Self-control, decision making, intuition, recognition of personal
strengths."
Double helping of that too!

I'm going to start looking like an inlaid chess set if I'm not careful.

I'll take these as a starter along with any other suggestions.

Cheers.

-Su

Old December 18th 04, 05:53 PM
Shirley Shone

My Dh bought me a double rope chain necklace of gold for our Golden
Wedding Anniversary.
Shirley

In message , Harry
writes

Old December 18th 04, 06:44 PM
Beadseeker

So, what's the best for hope, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness when
dealing with bureaucracy?

Sue,
I would wear Sodalite (deep denim blue, sometimes with white streaks), which
is for courage and endurance.
I am a real believer in gemstone healing.
Patti
Old December 18th 04, 08:28 PM
Christina Peterson

I buy stones that "call to me", though usually mostly just pretty ones. And
there really are some that seem to hold some sort of property. But usually
what I find with all energy work, is that you invest a stone, icon, rosary,
relic, your hands, whatever, with property and then call on that power.
Think about what you want get from it, consciously will that into the stone.
"Nurture" that within the stone. This is the "attention and intention"
which is at the root of all energy work. Typically, quartz magnifies.

Two good stones to work with are clear quartz, for "clarity"; and rose
quartz for "love" and humanity (and patience). Pete has a "healing stone",
a clear quartz crystal with various characteristics of crystals, which he
"energizes" by carrying around, and which he then shares with other people.

Tina

Old December 18th 04, 08:36 PM
Christina Peterson

It's interesting what stones people choose. I think we often choose stones
that reflect ourselves. There were several mentioned that I thought sounded
real good. Those of course are the ones that are natural to me. What is of
more use to me is something that feels more alien, something that will call
out what is not comfortably accessed within myself.

Tina

Old December 18th 04, 09:29 PM
Su/Cutworks

Tina wrote:

Two good stones to work with are clear quartz, for "clarity"; and rose
quartz for "love" and humanity (and patience). Pete has a "healing

stone",
a clear quartz crystal with various characteristics of crystals, which he
"energizes" by carrying around, and which he then shares with other

people.

Anything Machiavellian for revenge and justice? Thought not. It's probably
bad karma to want revenge so I'll settle for justice.

:-D

-Su

Healing, Curing and Photography Christina Peterson Beads 7 October 7th 04 09:20 PM
OT Need dome healing vibes Linda2 Beads 6 May 7th 04 05:22 PM
need healing prayers roxan Beads 20 April 16th 04 06:34 PM
David Keys Speaks on "Stones For Sacred Healing" - The Isle Of Light Internet Radio Show cap22 Beads 0 December 30th 03 04:11 AM