New To The Group

Old December 7th 04, 11:37 PM
Brandie Renea

Default New To The Group

Howdy! I'm new to the group so I figured I would post a little something
about myself.

I'm a 20 year old female from Oklahoma. I'm both a knitter and a
crocheter but crocheting is easier and faster for me. I've only made
doilies and little things so far but I'm getting there.

I'm finishing up a doily I'm making for my grandmother for Christmas.
I've finished all the others for my cousins and mom but they still need
to be blocked.

I can't wait for Christmas to be over with though. I don't like being
mobbed & stomped by people carrying television sets when trying to get
more thread I also don't like making beanies and scarves for friends
only to have them thrown in the bottom of their closet. It happened to
my roomie in the dorm and she still asks me when she's going to get a
doily. Fat chance woman!

Glad to meet you all!

--
+ Brandie Renea
http://members.cox.net/brandierenea/
Old December 8th 04, 01:22 AM
Clair

Hi Brandie

I'm new too, so welcome!

Clair

Old December 8th 04, 01:30 AM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:37:44 -0600, Brandie Renea
wrote:

[...]

Welcome to the friendliest group on the net.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten
Old December 8th 04, 01:42 AM
Richard Eney

In article Xbrtd.125448$%x.85869@okepread04,
Brandie Renea wrote:

snip good stuff
I can't wait for Christmas to be over with though. I don't like being
mobbed & stomped by people carrying television sets when trying to get
more thread I also don't like making beanies and scarves for friends
only to have them thrown in the bottom of their closet. It happened to
my roomie in the dorm and she still asks me when she's going to get a
doily. Fat chance woman!

I hear you on that. I don't make a lot of things for other people.
Still, remembering my childhood, it is in the nature of beanies to
wind up in the bottom of a closet... I don't worry too much about the
ones I make for my niece's daughters. I just use acrylic and make
fun things (they're a lot younger than your roommate!) and am amazed
that my niece seems to wash and dry them daily.

You could offer to teach your roomie to make her own doily,
_after_ she buys her own materials and crochet hook.

=Tamar

Old December 8th 04, 03:03 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Brandie,

Welcome to the greatest group on the web. I'm mainly a crocheter now too, do
afghans for Project Linus and other charity groups. I envy you crocheting with
thread,as for me, I don't like using the small hook and thread. I have used the
cotton yarn for doilies though. Don't blame you for not making one for your
friend.

Nora

Old December 8th 04, 03:09 AM
Seaspray

Hi Brandie,

It is nice to meet you. This is the greatest group going. Looking foreward
to your posts.

Diane
*************************

Old December 8th 04, 04:23 AM
norma woods

Hi Brandie, Glad to meet you & welcome!

--
Star love,
Norma

Old December 8th 04, 07:05 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Welcome Brandie !!!
Join the fun ,,,,, You are right TV carriers blocking the way to the
thread shop ,,,,, not nice ...:::::
Ps have you tried knitting with some old [ not Plugged in] Electronic
cables ,,, makes interesting knitting ...
mirjam

Old December 8th 04, 09:56 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Hello Brandi, welcome to the best group ever - lots of fun and good hints
here God Bless from way "down under"

--

Gwen Kelly