Latch Hook question

Old August 2nd 04, 09:50 AM
Diane

Default Latch Hook question

I have a favorite throw which is a large picture of a Scottish Terrier that
I would like to make into a latch hook rug.

The color sheme is relatively uncomplicated and does not consist of many
colors, but the shading has to be exactly right so that the eyes, nose and
other parts of the dog's body are distinguishable.

How does one go about getting a pattern on to the canvas so I can hook the
rug? I searched around the web and found a lot of kits for sale, but not
much in the way of how to make a rug from one's own pattern. If there is
such a site, please let me know what it is. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Diane

Old August 3rd 04, 09:43 AM
Diane

Thanks for the replies.

I think I will have to go with the chart method; the throw is very large and
I will have to do it a small section at a time. There is a site on the web
that converts photos to charts that I located. I am not sure of the cost.

Securing the yarn will might be an issue, but as I look at the throw, the
dog will be black, gray and creme for the shading, red and gold for the
collar. The background can be anything.

I have one more question. Do the dog first and then the background or both
at the same time?

Thanks again.

D.

Old August 8th 04, 03:28 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Debbie Dempsey wrote:
Speaking of latch hooking, I just finished the latch hook version of my
"Purple Pansies on Parade" cross-stitch design.

Debbie -

I enjoyed seeing the design done in two different mediums!

I'll look for it at the MD state fair. I just picked up the cross-stitch
piece I'm entering from the framers a few days ago. I'm so happy with
the way it came out.

Sue

Old August 9th 04, 11:10 AM
sunflower

Debbie this is *NEAT*

Thanks for showing us two different versions of the pattern

Sarah

"Debbie Dempsey" wrote in message
Speaking of latch hooking, I just finished the latch hook version of my
"Purple Pansies on Parade" cross-stitch design. If you'd like to take a
peek at it, please go to my Picture Trail website,
http://www.picturetrail.com/pge911 and go to the Flowers album. There you
will see both the cross-stitch and latch hook versions.

Last year, the cross-stitch pattern took third place at the Anne Arundel
County Fair. This year, I'm entering the latch hook design in both that
fair and the Maryland State Fair.

Wish me luck!

Debbie

F/A: Less than 24 hours left! Winnie the Pooh latch hook kit! N S Marketplace 0 May 11th 04 02:51 AM
F/A: Winnie the Pooh Latch Hook Kit. Never Used N S Marketplace 0 May 6th 04 03:50 AM
Latch Hook Rug Design Software - Rugware Latch Hook Design Software Marketplace 0 December 2nd 03 12:37 PM
OT latch hook? Puffins Quilting 3 August 27th 03 03:08 AM
OT scrap piece of latch hook? Puffins Quilting 3 August 26th 03 01:17 PM