OT latch hook?

Old August 24th 03, 09:32 PM
Puffins

Default OT latch hook?

Hi, I have this idea to use a piece of the "backing" that you would use for
making a latch hooked rug only to hook it with cut up pieces of t shirt
material in bright colors. I don't have a piece of latch hook backing to try
this on and nowhere in my city can I buy a "piece". I can only buy a whole kit
which I don't want. I was thinking about doing this as a class project. Has
anyone tried this? I was also wondering if you could then throw it in the
washer and dryer? Woudl it all hold together? I thought it would be more fun to
do than regular yarn.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you
Donna
Old August 24th 03, 10:24 PM
Patti

A friend of mine has made some lovely T-shirt hooked rugs. But I'm
afraid I don't know how she does them. Just thought I'd say that it
does work.
..
In article , Puffins
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 25th 03, 12:53 AM
CNYstitcher

As a sometime Latchooker, yes, you can throw it into the washer, but I
wouldn't suggest the dryer, unless it was on air dry only. JoAnns
actually sells latch-hook material (I think I've seen it with the window
treatments and/or the decorating fabric).

Larisa

Old August 27th 03, 03:08 AM
Nbhilyard

You can buy large-mesh canvas by the yard at fabric stores.

Nann in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that
one is always making exciting discoveries."
A. A. Milne