Big Chunky Pottery Ribs?

Old April 6th 04, 05:29 PM
Larz Kremer

Default Big Chunky Pottery Ribs?

Does anyone know of a source for large sized fat or chunky wooden or plastic pottery ribs, not ones that are 1/8" to 1/4" in size, but much thicker? I need something like this for finishing the inside of bowls. Any leads would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old April 6th 04, 09:00 PM
tony

Have you tried a wooden kitchen spoon? I like it for pushing walls.
Tony

http://tonyolsen.com/up/
Old April 6th 04, 09:25 PM
dkat

I use a French spatula but when I went to search for a link to one to show
you what I was talking about I could not find a single one. The closest
thing to it I could find was called a bowl scraper (bakers tool). It is
plastic and large with a curved edge. What is/was wonderful about the
French spatula is that it is shaped like a French curve so you can get
different curves out of one tool. Mine is also very large (it is meant to
be used to scrape out a large bowl). Anyway, if you go to a good bakers
supply place they might have one.

DKat