Necchi Supernova Jam

Old February 3rd 05, 06:41 AM
Peedle

Default Necchi Supernova Jam

hello, I am new here and need help. I hope I don't break any posting rules.

I have a Necchi Supernova which I got back from the repair shop but that
when I try to sew, the upper thread just pulls right out of the needle.
I've examined it and it seems the thread jams in the shuttle race every
time. I tried taking out the bobbin, and dis/re-assembling the shuttle race
but so far it's still having the same trouble. I've tried some different
tensions but the same thing happens.

does anyone know what it is I'm missing? any kind of hint including
pointing out the obvious would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Peedles.
Old February 3rd 05, 07:43 AM
Scare Crowe

My Supernova manual states the following could be the cause:
Needle is inserted improperly Needle thread is
improperly threaded. Needle thread tension to tight
Thread is wrong quality for fabric being used.
Thread has knots. Needle eye is
rough or sharp. Point of needle is damaged.
Stitch hole in needle hole is rough or sharp.
Needle is to fine for thread in use. Machine is started at
full speed. Machine is started with thread take-up lever
not in its highest position. Bobbin case has rough spot
due to being hit and damaged by needle.
Shuttle (hook) has rough or sharp spot. Hope this is of some help, I
love my 1955 Supernova.
Dot in Tennessee

Old February 5th 05, 06:55 PM
Ann Knight

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 06:41:43 UTC, Peedle wrote:

hello, I am new here and need help. I hope I don't break any posting rules.

I have a Necchi Supernova which I got back from the repair shop but that
when I try to sew, the upper thread just pulls right out of the needle.
I've examined it and it seems the thread jams in the shuttle race every
time. I tried taking out the bobbin, and dis/re-assembling the shuttle race
but so far it's still having the same trouble. I've tried some different
tensions but the same thing happens.

does anyone know what it is I'm missing? any kind of hint including
pointing out the obvious would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you may have a snag or rough spot on the race--however
it could be almost anything (it's tough to diagnose these things from
afar). I'd find a different sewing machine repair shop if I were you.

--
No one died when Clinton lied.

Old February 5th 05, 09:03 PM
Ron Anderson

More than likely user error

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine

Old February 10th 05, 02:37 PM
Peedle

"Ron Anderson" wrote in news:rwaNd.1558$oO.400
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

More than likely user error

yep, it was totally user error. thanks for the advice :^)