Desperate for Dimensions to DMC conversion Chart ALL Colors

Old August 2nd 03, 08:37 PM
Geocat

Default Desperate for Dimensions to DMC conversion Chart ALL Colors

I am looking for a conversion chart of Dimensions to DMC. I found a few
places on the net that have the same charts but dont have all the colors i
am looking for. Could someone please help this stitcher who is wanting to
stitch ?

--

Catherine
*********

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Old August 2nd 03, 09:41 PM
NEWS

Catherine,
Here's a conversion chart that Dimensions has on their site:
http://www.dimensions-crafts.com/threadconversion.pdf

--
Anita's Tried & True Recipes
http://www.anitasrecipes.com

Old August 3rd 03, 03:21 AM
Lori Thornton

I was working on a Dimensions kit while on vacation and had to rip out
several stitches which was going to cause me to run short on one
color. I took the info and the rest of the thread to a LNS and
discovered that the kit uses Coats numbers. They just added one
number to them. We converted it to DMC numbers using the notebook the
LNS had, but the color was not a close enough match. I found that the
floss in the kit tends to knot much worse than DMC usually does. The
shop owner told me that she has customers who toss out all the kit
thread and purchase DMC. Does anyone else do this? It's too late for
this project, and I don't work on a lot of kits because I usually buy
leaflets, but I have thought about trying it in the future. (I ended
up emailing them for additional thread which the kit said they would
send if needed.)
Old August 3rd 03, 04:22 AM
JAKL

shop owner told me that she has customers who toss out all the kit
thread and purchase DMC. Does anyone else do this?

ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!! And it was because of a Dimensions kit that I began this
practice. I was working on Flying Beauties for my sister, and hadn't read the
instructions closely enough to see that the background fern leaves were to be
stitched with one ply instead of two. Obviously, I ran out way too soon. I
tried to convert to DMC, couldn't find that color listed on any of the
conversion sites that I had at the time, finally sat under full sun comparing
every greenish shade in stash (since I had a full set of DMC) to the stitched
work. Came up with what I thought was a match until I started actually
stitching, then gave up on finding it myself and wrote to Dimensions. The good
news was that I got plenty of replacement floss, way more than I needed, and
very quickly.

I also had a couple incidents where the supplied fabric was too small or just
barely large enough for the stitching but definitely not enough for framing of
any kind. One was a Dimensions, a couple were Janlynn.

Since then, I realized that it was much more space efficient also to dump kit
floss and separate fabric. So I have one box of charts and the accompanying
color models, a second box of assorted fabrics, both from kits and separate
purchases from my LNS and INS, and a third box that holds my Darice floss
boxes. Soon I'll need a second box for charts.

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old August 3rd 03, 04:27 PM
Shstringfellow

shop owner told me that she has customers who toss out all the kit
thread and purchase DMC. Does anyone else do this?

I do it all the time- so many kits have floss that I just don't want to work
with. In fact, I just bought a kit that I'm going to switch out the floss and
the fabric- neither are very good quality and the project is large and
involved, so I want it to be the best possible quality materials.
So, I paid for a kit and am only using the pattern! But, I couldn't find the
pattern separately, so that was my only solution.
SueS
Old August 3rd 03, 07:09 PM
Judith Truly

If you are running out of floss in a colour you can often "close match" it
to a shade and then use one strand of each shade together in the needle
until you run out of the beginning shade altogether, forming a transition
that is so gradual that it is unoticeable in the whole. It must be a pretty
close match, tho.

Old August 5th 03, 06:26 PM
Ron & Sandy Swain

I tried this link and get page cannot be displayed and when I tried it
again, I got a strange page that had nothing to do with needlearts! Sandy
"DebM" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 20:41:31 GMT, "NEWS"
wrote:

Catherine,
Here's a conversion chart that Dimensions has on their site:
http://www.dimensions-crafts.com/threadconversion.pdf

Thank you for posting this link. It appears to be the best conversion
chart I've seen.

--
Deb
Works in Progress:

Old August 7th 03, 05:11 AM
Eeyore

I'm not sure if this helps - I only received the subject
Dimensions seem to actually use J&P Coats? To convert most numbers simply
take the '1' off the front of the Dimensions number. Then use a J&P Coats to
DMC conversion chart there are quite a few around.
Some matches are very good while others are of course only approximate.

Eeyore

Old December 25th 03, 09:03 AM
james hurley

Sandy,

I just tried it, and had no problem. It comes up sideways, but if you print
it and turn the paper so that the 11 inch side is on top, you can read it.

Here's my thought. Perhaps you have an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
software, which is what you need to view a pdf file like this. So you might
consider visiting adobe's web site to load a new version (it's free).

Also, I found a number of other sites that list the conversion charts, by
doing a google search for "DMC Dimension conversion chart."

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Joe Hurley

Old December 25th 03, 03:59 PM
Anita

I have Floss Conversion Charts and a Floss Conversion Calculator under the
Stitching Tools on my stitching site.

CyberStitchers.com Cross Stitch Galleries
http://www.cyberstitchers.com

--
Anita's Tried & True Low Fat Recipes http://www.anitasrecipes.com
CyberStitchers.com Cross Stitch Galleries http://www.cyberstitchers.com

ring size conversion chart roxan Beads 1 April 19th 04 10:56 PM
Missing chart Nancy Poehlmann Needlework 0 July 29th 03 03:52 PM