OT- DH update.

Old June 10th 04, 04:59 AM
JustPeg

Default OT- DH update.

Well, it has been a nightmare of doctors and hospitals and insurance
companies, but we actually have a little hope now.( Six doctors, two
hospitals and two insurance companies, Whew, I'm a wreck!) We have seen a
surgeon that wants to try to do surgery. They are going to do it on Monday.
BUT, before they do the actual surgery, they are going to do a laparoscopic
thing, where they will check first to see if the cancer has spread to any
other organs, if everything looks o.k., they will go ahead and do the whole
surgery at that time. So, I guess it will be one time when I will pray that
the surgery takes the whole 4-5 hours, and I don't see the doctor come
walking out in just one hour. DH is taking it all very well, he has an
extremely positive attitude and wants to do the surgery. I guess not being
able to eat has finally gotten to him. He has actually made jokes about it
and insists that the hospital better have the SF channel 'cause he's not
going to watch soap operas all day long. If everything goes according to
plan, he will be in the hospital for two weeks. They say that after they
remove the stomache or part of, and /or part of his esophagus they want to
make sure that everything is healing correctly and that he has no trouble
getting food down and that his bowels work o.k. before they let him come
home. My husband actually asked the doctor if he will have more room on his
inside if they take out all those parts. I teased him that it was no fair, I
was the one that needed the gastric bypass ... he's too skinny already! He
plans on spending the next few days getting all the stuff done he has put
off doing (Lord, we'll need months for that!), because he knows he will be
very limited for quite awhile. The major thing has now become the lawn
mower, he's been having trouble keeping it running this spring. I think I
suggested getting a couple of goats, but that didn't go over too well. My
Mom seems to be hanging in there and not having any major crisis at this
time, so that's a little bit less to worry about. Hopefully she will be o.k.
for the next few weeks and we can get through DH's stuff. So, if you have a
moment on Monday, say a little prayer for him.

Thanks for all your prayers and hugs ... you guys will never know just how
much they mean to us and how much we appreciate them.

Peg

Old June 10th 04, 06:18 AM
hfw

Continued prayers on their way from Philadelphia!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old June 10th 04, 06:19 AM
Joanna

You are definitely in my prayers and thoughts.
Take Care
Joanna
PS please keep us updated when you can
--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old June 10th 04, 08:37 AM
Patti

Will be remembering you both on Monday.
Seems like his spirit is still good. How great is that.
Take care,
..
In article , JustPeg
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 10th 04, 08:40 AM
Leslie in Missouri

Prayers for your DH coming from MO.

Leslie- crossing her fingers, toes, eyes and all other appendages- just
as a little "extra" ;-)

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old June 10th 04, 10:21 AM
Kate Dicey

gently trimmed...

Just you hang in there! It's good to see you able to post, and we will
keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on progress if you
get time, and don't let the dear man go into hospital exhausted!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old June 10th 04, 12:18 PM
Louise

Peg, prayers and warm thoughts are coming your way -- for you, your DH and
your Mom.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old June 10th 04, 12:56 PM
merrystitch

Thoughts & prayers for your DH and you coming your way from NW OH
Merrystitch