Roll Call!

Old November 16th 05, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Roll Call!

frood wrote:
Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few newbies
join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.
VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on Frappr,
let us know so we can see where you are.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Hi, I'm Mary Ann, I haven't posted much lately but I do check it out
when I get a chance. I'd like to put myself on frapper but in about a
month I'll be moving clear across the US...I have to decide which place
to post on frapper.
Anyway, I've been putting together my quilt from the "your pick" swap.
What great fun that swap is.. I handpainted my focus fabric and
everyone made really cool blocks with it. I'm almost done with it and I
will post it on my website
www.IncaPalomaFabrics.com
I've been also working on several other things during this past year. I
have been doing a medical treatment for 48 weeks , quilting , sewing ,
painting and internet groups have helped me keep an itsy bit of sanity.
This treatment is winding down and my projects are getting finished up.
I hope to post them soon

Peace,
Mary Ann

Old November 16th 05, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Frappr is so cool!! You'll find my pin in central Virginia, with a
photo of my Richmond skyline quilt from early this year, made from
fabric Kate Dicey, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons, sent me!
I came to this group in 2003 looking for info on quilt destinations in
Germany, as my sister and I were planning a trip there. The Iraqi war
interferred, and we drove across country from VA to Van Nuys,
California instead, with many adventures en route! I don't post often,
but enjoy checking in from time to time to see what's hot. Right now
I'm working on a 't-shirt quilt' for my dd, mother of our darling
9month old gs. Our other dd is in Savannah making her way in the world
of art. I retired in January and thought I would spend much of my time
quilting, but it hasn't happened that way. Maybe next year?! Thanks,
Wendy, for the rollcall, Frank for Frappr, and all of you for posting!
Cathy in Virginia

Old November 16th 05, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"frood" wrote in message
I'm so glad to see you here, Chipper! And hey, I can soothe those Viking
kitties by singing some Led Zeppelin to them!
http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! Not the singing Viking kitties! LOL

Old November 16th 05, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not much for introductions, myself. I've been in too much pain from a
back and leg problem to do much lately, but you can click on the links
in my sig to see most of what I've done lately.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old November 16th 05, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi, Gen. I'm Phyllis and live in Toledo, OH. Married this time for 21
years (in March 2006), have three sons and a daughter, all grown. Made
my first quilt (biscuit stuffed with nylons) in the 60s, didn't start
again until three years ago. Prefer piecing by hand and tying quilts,
but as soon as I get a better walking foot (the Singer one doesn't work
worth spit on my machine) will try machine quilting once again.

Don/Gen wrote:
I'm Gen from Grove City, OH. I've sewn all my life, but made my first quilt
about 10 yrs. ago. I'd much rather do wallhangings than full size quilts.
I also love machine embroidery. We have 2 QIs-a Siamese and Himalayan.
Gen

om...

Old November 16th 05, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Not much for introductions, myself. I've been in too much pain from a
back and leg problem to do much lately, but you can click on the links
in my sig to see most of what I've done lately.

Rose, I hope you're on the mend now -- we've missed you!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old November 16th 05, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm Bonnie, in Middletown, VA, I'm 62 and I have been living in VA for
12.5 years, ever since I moved in with my DSO, Jim. I spent most of my
life in PA, the Pittsburgh area where I was born. Lived in Hagerstown,
MD, for about 3 years before I moved to VA.

I have one son, Thaddeus, 33 and a perpetual student. Jim and I have 3
fur kids, two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Ruffles (4), Rhoda (1.75), and one
Maine Coon cat, Pinkee Squeeek-a-Lotta (4.5). Pinkee is by far the
best QI and helper, she loves to hold the quilt down when I am working
on it. ;~)

I've been quilting since about 1974, and have been lurking and
sometimes responding here for several years. Participated in one meet
up at the Williamsburg show and have signed TDB.

My latest project was a "du-vay" cover. I am working on a twin size
John Deere quilt for a friends GS, he loves John Deere tractors.

I belong to a guild, TOVA (Top of Virginia), and I volunteer at the VA
Quilt Museum, in Harrisonburg, VA. TOVA does a raffle quilt every
year, half of the proceeds go into our fund, the other half to the
Cedar Creek Battlefield Association Fund. We also make quilts for
children in need, and the C-Cap organization (they work with families
in need). We use mostly donated supplies.

I put a picture of Jane and me and our TOVA's raffle quilt but it's
not showing up, I'll try to fix it later.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On 15 Nov 2005 17:10:38 -0800, "Tricia"
wrote:

I pinned myself to the map -- Tricia from Petoskey, MI. I used to
(until this summer) live in the Ypsi/Ann Arbor area downstate.

Been on the group off and on for many years but not completed a whole
lot. I have a pending quilt (all in my head in scattered little bits
here and there-- the infamous wedding/star quilt) and other than that,
I've managed a few blocks and recently turned two of my UFOs into
pillows.

Oh, and a WUH that's been in progress for a handful of years now that
I'm attempting (pitifully) to hand quilt since I haven't yet figured
out the ins and outs of machine quilting. It's my own fault it's so
difficult to work with -- I fused interfacing to the back of the top so
it could be signed and whatnot -- my first "real" project so to speak
(i.e. actually attempting to sandwich and quilt) with that comes
mistakes that equal experience right?

Married for 5.5 years to a wonderful man I met while playing a MUD on
the Net approx. 10 years ago. Sweet Sweet man whose fabric stash is
starting to intimidate me He's stuck with me through thick and thin
and it hasnt' always been easy (healthwise).

I do some other crafts -- mostly XS, although I have gotten back into
crocheting and just learning, now and then, how to knit -- mostly
through videos and a few books. I have garments planned and pending
but I think I've about forgotten how so I need to re-learn that and
learn how to adjust the patterns to actually fit me (I have been overly
"blessed" -?????- and patterns fit in one area but not another).

No QIs here -- if it has fur or feathers I'm allergic. Killjoy for my
hubby who absolutely loves and misses his cats.

Hmm....other than that, I'm a special education and math teacher (when
I'm teaching. Just got turned down for a tutoring position at a school
*without* even an interview --GRRRR!), I have started up a small
business making educational materials and games for teachers, tutors,
and home-schooling parents (plug alert: I make things VERY reasonably
priced and customized. If you are interested, esp with the gift giving
season here, please contact me brasscricket at e-garfield dot com --
one and only plug, I promise, don't flame), I volunteer at my local
library and I miss my home church downstate more than I ever thought I
possibly could. Oh, and I'm the person helping my mom collect
postcards from all over for a collage to keep her occupied during the
fall and winter -- (6 months health related house arrest for her)

Yeesh, I don't even think I intro'd myself so much when I started
posting. Thanks for the call out Wendy -- oh, and can you return that
FQ you snatched last week -- I told you you took the wrong one -- that
one is destined for Canada! *smirk*

Tricia

Old November 16th 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

He-he!
I've seen you mentioning that phrase before - and never connected it
with 'Apex'. Duh!!
..
In message , frood
writes
The things we have in common.... Apex is the highest point on the railway
line in the county, hence it's nickname, The Peak of Good Living!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 16th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, there had to be one g
..
In message ,
Mystified One writes