Roll Call!

Old November 17th 05, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Roll Call!/Carole

Thank you for sharing your pics. I used to be a knitter in my early 20's.
I've made lots and lots of sweaters and what not. If you need assistance
with knitting, perhaps I can help. Unfortunatly, I knit in French so I'm
not familiar with the english terms but am pretty good at figuring patterns.

Carole (I'm close to the Canadian Border on Frapprs)
Champlain, NY

"Susie" wrote in message
news
Carole,
Thanks.
I just got done looking at your quilts. They are super.
My photos are he
http://community.webshots.com/user/susies1955
Susie

Old November 17th 05, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Roll Call!

Georg-

PLEASE! Do tell where the naughty witches came from! I NEED some of
that fabric as well!!! ;-)

Leslie, covering the Furbabies innocent lil eyes!

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:43:08 GMT, Georg wrote:
Some time later I will put together the Evil SunBonnet Sue quilt
with a backing of pornographic stack and whack (found a lovely print to
use of a selection of scantily clad witches on purple).
-georg

Where'd ya get the witches?
Debra in VA

Old November 17th 05, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Carole,
Thanks for the offer of help. I've had two people trying to help but
I just am more confused than ever. I guess I will have to wait for
my class but it is only once every two weeks and I missed this weeks.
I see you aren't really all that far from me.
Susie

Old November 17th 05, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sandy Foster wrote:
Rose, I hope you're on the mend now -- we've missed you!

Yeah, I hope so too. :-P

I was supposed to get more info about the breast MRI last doc appt, but
apparently, the full results aren't in. I keep getting phone updates
from the surgeon's office. Currently they're talking about yet another
ultrasound and maybe a targeted MRI, but nothing scheduled at the moment.

You'd *think* what with all the testing and all the thousands of images
they got from the MRI, they could finally tell me whether or not I have
something malignant going on, but noooooooo. Eight months of this and
counting. If I don't have cancer, they're going to give it to me with
all the radiation. Bleah.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old November 17th 05, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"frood" wrote in message
Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few
newbies join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the
woodwork. VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned
yourself on Frappr, let us know so we can see where you are.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Well, Hello!! I said when I put my pin in that I would join you soon. My
name is Betty and I hail from Alberta, Canada. I was lurking for a few
weeks because I had made a pact with myself that I would clean up my
basement/sewing room before starting quilting big-time.

I used to have a business sewing dance costumes and after I finished my last
class of costumes 2 years ago I didn't return to the basement and clean up.
So.....hence my pack with myself. I tend to go full steam ahead with new
interests and I knew that if I started quilting it would consume my time and
I would never clean up.

I have done a little quilting in the past. Just small projects. I know now
I am an empty-nester that I will become obsessed with quilting,

What a wonderful group of people on RCTQ!!! Yours was the first newgroup on
quilting I visited and I won't look any further. In the last few weeks you
have made me LOL and Cry as well. You have so much inspiration in your
pictures, and so many tips and links I can't keep up!!! WOW!!!!

I recommend that any newbie's read the FAQ that I think, frood posted. It
has good explanations of all the abbreviations etc. Thanks frood.

I just swept the floor in my sewing room last night (not huge news but it
has been so covered with bags full of scraps for so long it hasn't been done
for ............

So now I can start on this wonderful quilting adventure!!!!

Old November 17th 05, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi, I'm Helen, I was born and raised and still live in my home town of
Baraboo, Wisconsin. I am 62 and retired. I live with my DDH and have been
married for 28 years next month. I have two married kids and three Gs"s ,
three granddogs, Tessy Bear, Buck Henry and Willy. I have been sewing quilts
for about 10 years. Still have to make one for me some day!
I am currently in the Birthday Block and Black,white and red all over clubs.
I am also working on a quilt for my DD to auction off for her Relay for Life
group.
I just recently bought the Janome 6600, I love, love, love it! I also have a
Janome 9000.
I love this group, I mostly lurk but I do read every day and try to make hug
blocks when I can, and send silent prayers and good thoughts when needed. I
am on the map. Hugs, Helen in WI

Old November 17th 05, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Betty. Enjoy your new pastime. It's a great life if you don't
weaken!
..
In message 0V0ff.200121$ir4.9618@edtnps90, woodys girl
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old November 17th 05, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm Jill or many of you know me as the Critter Comfort lady, the one who
does all the sewing for the animals.
Actually, I make "blankies" for dogs and cats awaiting adoption at
more then 12 rescues in the Detroit area. I certainly don't concern my
self a quilter, just someone who likes to sew even though I'm not very
good at it, but the animals don't seem to mind.
I sew full time for the animals and use just about any type of fabric
as long as it can be easily washed and dried.
Their are so many wonderful people here and I am very thankful for all
their support.

Critter Comforts: Quilts for Homeless Animals
http://community.webtv.net/critterco...ritterComforts

Old November 17th 05, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi!

Missed the Frappr thing but I like the Roll Call threads as I haven't a
hope in sweet heck of being able to keep up with everything on this
group - searching Roll Call is a good get-ta-know-yas.

I'm a Johanna, one of at least two. I'm the one that lives in
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
An occasional garment-and-alteration sewer for about 12 years now, I've
just passed the second anniversary of my "Quilting for Dummies"
introduction, and given how busy the rest of life is, I'm still very
much a beginner. Current UFO's include a fall Table Setting (placemats
and runner), pieced but needing quilting and finishing, and a snuggly
quilt for me. About 6 more projects at least are in the planning
stages.

Have one common-law-hubby-type person and 4 QIs of the feline
persuasion, a full-time tech job, a part-time aerobics instructor gig,
diabetes due to pancreatitis and a few tattoos.

Cheers!

(Panda's ) Johanna (in Waterloo, ON, CA)