Quilting Arts Magazine

Old December 11th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Quilting Arts Magazine

Today I received an email from Quilting Arts Magazine, announcing that it
now has on line subscriptions available. NAYY, but I thought this may be
very nice for people who live across the waters as it would (should) save on
postal cost. You might want to take a peek. I could not open it, but my ISP
is really weird. Maybe you can open it. HTH. PAT in VA/USA

Site is www.interweave.com/qademo

Old December 12th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks Pat! I'll give it some thought. Just not used to reading for
pleasure in my office. Quilt magazines go on the recamier with my feet
up and a pot of tea!
Roberta in D

Old December 13th 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Yes, I quite agree, Roberta. Reading on the computer is just not the 'same'
as reading in a comfortable chair. I like my recliner and a cup of good
coffee while I peruse a quilting magazine. PAT

Old December 15th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

And when the weather is right, I like to sit on the porch and look at the
mountains over the top of the magazine. Also coffee!

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old December 15th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

On Dec 12, 6:39*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Thanks Pat! I'll give it some thought. Just not used to reading for
pleasure in my office. Quilt magazines go on the recamier with my feet
up and a pot of tea!
Roberta in D

Roberta - what's a recamier?

Musicmaker

Old December 15th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

recliner?
like a lazyboy chair i reckon.
j.

"Musicmaker" wrote...
On Dec 12, 6:39 am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Thanks Pat! I'll give it some thought. Just not used to reading for
pleasure in my office. Quilt magazines go on the recamier with my feet
up and a pot of tea!
Roberta in D

Roberta - what's a recamier?

Musicmaker

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --
Old December 16th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

http://www.stilmoebel-kernig.de/sofa.htm

Have a look! Mine is from about 1870, sort of a neoclassical style.
Named after Madame de Recamier, the mistress of one of the French
Louis, IIRC.
Roberta in D

Old December 16th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Those look similar to what we call a chaise. I have one in purple velvet
type fabric. It's been in the box for almost two years- just waiting for
the right time to open it up and start using it. Sales! I couldn't resist
buying it at the very inexpensive sale price even tho I have no where to use
it! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies shivering in icy, cold MO.

Old December 16th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default OT furniture Quilting Arts Magazine

Chaise longue = long chair. Basically the same idea, but the recamier
tends to have more of a back along half of one side, so it also serves
as a small sofa that could hold 2-3 in a pinch. Fits just right in my
small living room! (Best of all, nobody sits in it except me, unless
we have very weary guests :-)
Roberta in D

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:48:49 -0600, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

Those look similar to what we call a chaise. I have one in purple velvet
type fabric. It's been in the box for almost two years- just waiting for
the right time to open it up and start using it. Sales! I couldn't resist
buying it at the very inexpensive sale price even tho I have no where to use
it! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies shivering in icy, cold MO.

.. .

Old December 17th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

aha, Musicmaker