What Brenda Got

Old January 4th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What Brenda Got

Living just about all my life in SO. Cal. I have never had a basement.
When I was a teenager my folks bought a 2 story house. One sister and
I shared the whole top floor. I had a huge room (should have been 2
or 3 smaller rooms) and it had huge windows that overlooked the trees.
That room was the best place I ever had to sew. It was bright, large
and had high ceilings. I gotta have the sunshine. Only down side was
a rotten shag rug. Yuck!

I hope Brenda gets the room of her dreams however it works out. SOUnds
like a great move Frank. Good luck to you both in the endeavor.
Taria

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Took the words right out of my, er- keyboard. My sewing center is in the
basement, and it's OK. But not more than OK. (Well, it's great compared to
what many have, so I can't complain!) On the positive side, it's never too
hot in the summer!
Roberta in D

" Ellison" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
t...

Howdy!
As long as you're going to build to your own specs,
why not get that machine out of the basement?
Ground floor room, lots of sunshine (Omaha--she'll appreciate
the sunshine and a view), and no underground tunneling. g

Congrats on your new job posting, good luck w/ the move.

Ragmop/Sandy--in n.Tx. where we don't usually *do* basements,
thank goodness VBG

Old January 4th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Working space What Brenda Got

Howdy!
And that would, of course, be your opinions. g
MMHV
All these points would work just as well in
a ground floor room, high ceilings, windows, wall space,
separate entrance--sounds like the back room in my house.
As I said, in Texas there aren't many basements.
We live above ground, mostly, and just get used to it this way. VBG

Btw, who is "klh"?

Ragmop/Sandy--painting the shed outdoors in n.Tx. in January ;-D

"klh" wrote in message
* that is why you get insurance for sump pump failure and sewage
backup and such stuff.
* besides if the basement has a tall ceiling, and finished, well
even painted white, she can have a larger work area than upstairs.
* basements can have windows and doors and even walkouts.. then she
can have a separate entrance for clients to visit without tromping
nebraska snow through the LR
* more wall space in basement for hanging quilts on display
* my house in alexandria va many years ago sold itself to a navy
spouse who was a potter because i had an outside entrance for
clients, windows, a nine foot ceiling and tiled floor in a 12x24
space AND a gas outlet already plumbed (to connect an outside
grill which didn't happen) but for her, an easy place to connect
her kiln and ventilate. only after the realtor insisted would she
even go look at the bedrooms. she had her house and nothing would
stop the deal. and they still live there 30 years later.
* so, i would say, let this quilter have her large work area in her
own space and plan now for the good work environment. much better
than a cubicle someplace off the BW parkway!

Jan wrote:

I second that... if nothing else, for insurance purposes..... if the
drains in the basement flood or water occurs for any reason well..... it's
just cheerier upstairs as well......

Jan

" Ellison" wrote in news:_0Guf.6761$UF3.3340
:

Howdy!
As long as you're going to build to your own specs,
why not get that machine out of the basement?
Ground floor room, lots of sunshine (Omaha--she'll appreciate
the sunshine and a view), and no underground tunneling. g

Congrats on your new job posting, good luck w/ the move.

Ragmop/Sandy--in n.Tx. where we don't usually *do* basements,
thank goodness VBG

"flytyer37" wrote in message
egroups.com...

Okay, the rest of the story.
Some of you may recall that I came in with a "rider" on Brenda's Xmas
gift. Well, it came through today.
A position popped up with my company in Omaha Nebraska. I currently
live on the East Coast of the US, between Washington, D.C. and
Baltimore, Maryland. After talking to Brenda, I applied for the
position.
Today, after another interview, they offered me the position. They
will also move me.
Omaha is the one place we liked the most whilst moving around the

world

in my 23 years in the US Air Force. So, here is the rest of the
present.
We move back to Omaha after the youngest daughter graduates this
Spring. We will build a house with a full basement. Brenda's new

job

is to manage the building of the house. Once the house is built, we
install a fully equipped longarm machine in the large basement and it
becomes a sewing center. Brenda's new job is machine quilting.
To summarize:
Brenda gets to move to where the majority of her friends are.
Brenda gets to quit "work," i.e. cubicle jobs and gets to do a job
that she loves - quilting.
Brenda gets a longarm machine.
And tonight, I'm getting a lot of kissin'.
Frank Reid

Old January 5th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Just looking for property in Iowa and Nebraska. Found this listing.
"LOT AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOM HOME OR BUILD THIS FABULOUS EXECUTIVE PLAN. LOT IS
ON T HE GOLF COURSE WITH GREAT VIEW OF THE WATER. ONE OF ONLY A VERY FEW
GOLF COURSE WATERFRONT LOTS REMAINING - NO REIDS. "

http://www.npdodge.com/idx_home.cfm?mls=106505

Oh, come on now folks. What the hell did I do to Iowa? I didn't even know
about the restraining order.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old January 5th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

All together now, "Get around, get around, he get around ..." :-)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Old January 5th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Too funny! If you need any help getting that restraining order lifted, there
are several of us here in Iowa that would vouch for you!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old January 5th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sure wish I had one during our infamous tornado seasons though.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
om...

Jan wrote:

I second that... if nothing else, for insurance purposes..... if the
drains in the basement flood or water occurs for any reason well.....
it's just cheerier upstairs as well......

Jan

" Ellison" wrote in news:_0Guf.6761$UF3.3340
:

Howdy!
As long as you're going to build to your own specs,
why not get that machine out of the basement?
Ground floor room, lots of sunshine (Omaha--she'll appreciate
the sunshine and a view), and no underground tunneling. g

Congrats on your new job posting, good luck w/ the move.

Ragmop/Sandy--in n.Tx. where we don't usually *do* basements,
thank goodness VBG

legroups.com...

Old January 5th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Unbelievable gg - It could only happen to you, Frank!
..
In message , Frank Reid
writes
Just looking for property in Iowa and Nebraska. Found this listing.
"LOT AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOM HOME OR BUILD THIS FABULOUS EXECUTIVE PLAN. LOT IS
ON T HE GOLF COURSE WITH GREAT VIEW OF THE WATER. ONE OF ONLY A VERY FEW
GOLF COURSE WATERFRONT LOTS REMAINING - NO REIDS. "

http://www.npdodge.com/idx_home.cfm?mls=106505

Oh, come on now folks. What the hell did I do to Iowa? I didn't even know
about the restraining order.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 5th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default O.T. What Brenda Got

Howdy!
That's not the way we heard it, Frank.
Your reputation precedes you,
at least in Iowa.
And it had nothing to do with quilting. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--wondering if Brenda knows what she got
w/ this REID

Old January 6th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a wonderful way to start the new year. I wish you lots of luck in all
the challenges that will pop up in the coming months. Having just built my
7th house, in some ways I envy you and in others I have felt the pain. :-)
Try to have fun with all the changes to come.

Linda in Tx

Old January 22nd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
And that would, of course, be your opinions. g
MMHV
All these points would work just as well in
a ground floor room, high ceilings, windows, wall space,
separate entrance--sounds like the back room in my house.
As I said, in Texas there aren't many basements.
We live above ground, mostly, and just get used to it this way. VBG

Btw, who is "klh"?

klh in VA, northern va to be exact just 1 mile outside the beltway
retired, but veteran of pentagon and govt contracting.... hence the
guess [which wasn't so wild] about where frank worked in this area as an
usaf retiree! [yes i wore a blue suit to work to by only for 20 years or
so] and i visited omaha a few times also!