OT -- Prayers -- G'pa in ICU

Old December 22nd 05, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT -- Prayers -- G'pa in ICU

I know we have all been doing a lot of praying lately for a lot of
people and that this is my second "request" of the day but ....

My grandfather has been in the hospital the better part of a week -- it
was supposed to only be a case of simple dehydration and needing a
couple of units of blood. They were taking the opportunity to run a
few other tests at the time so as to spare my grandparents running back
and forth to the hospital/doctor's office all the time. All reports
until today have been positive -- the CAT scan showed no growth of the
lung cancer tumor, he was eating well, being cantankerous, typical
G'pa...

Well, my mom just called and tol dme they are moving him to ICU today
because he's havign problems breathing. I have such a bad feeling in
my gut -- I'm not ready to lose my grandpa, I'm not, I'm not I'm not.
I only have the one set of grandparents left and these are the ones I
grew up with. My grandfather has been one of hte only stable positive
male figures in my life.

I can't even get down state to see him right now -- David is in the
middle of giving final exams. *sob*

please....

Tricia

Old December 22nd 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tricia, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. He will always be the
stable, positive influence in your life . . . always. Every word he's
ever spoken to you is there in your heart and mind, to be recalled when
you need them.

There may be some hope though. My husband was in bad shape and using
inhalers and was on a breathing machine while in the hospital. When he
got home he didn't need any of them anymore. Maybe its just because he
isn't moving around much and not getting enough air into his lungs to
breathe well. In any case, I hope you get to see him soon. Grandpas
are special.

Old December 22nd 05, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

((((((((((((Tricia)))))))))))))))) and all prayers being sent to
Grandpa and Grandma too, for strength to deal with what ever comes, and
healing ones to Grandpa, his give heck attitude will serve him well now.
Diana

Old December 22nd 05, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tricia wrote:

[...]

The great thing about prayer is that it never EVER runs out! You got
them coming, sweetie. Just hang in there...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 22nd 05, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

(((((Tricia)))))) good thoughts and prayers are on the way.

--
Cindy from MO

ups.com...

Old December 22nd 05, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

prayers are going out!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 22nd 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you all. David thinks he'll be able to have us hit the road at
about noon tomorrow (last final exam is scheduled to end at about 10)
and I already have us packed. Weather's supposed to be icy but we'll
be careful. In good weather it is between 4 and 5 hours drive down so
goodness only knows how long it will take us tomorrow. Hopefully, the
icy weather will only be on this side of the trip and we'll be out of
it soon.

I think my tears are about gone for the moment although there is no
guarentee on that.

Trying to stay calm,
Tricia

PS -- Jessamy, how'd your procedure go?

Old December 22nd 05, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My prayers are with you, Tricia. Hugs too.

Karen, Queen of Squishies