Padukah, KY quilt show

Old April 15th 05, 06:13 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Sweetie, if you wanted to stay "in town", meaning Paducah,
well... reservations were due about a year ago. g
Call in the late evenings, middle of the night, for the next few nights,
and you *may* get lucky, find a cancellation.
I'll be over in southern Illinois at a b&b, about an hour's drive
away. (Living here between Ft.Worth and Dallas, an hour's drive
is not unusual.) There's a local winery, a forest, lots of nature,
and (I'm told) several good places to eat. My take-along quilt project
is ready for travel; I'm going out book shopping later today,
and I'll be ready to go, too. g

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy--flying into St.Louis & picking up a car

"YvetteMichele" wrote in message
m...
Oh, I forgot to ask where people were staying. I haven't made hotel
arrangements yet. Thought I would just take my chances and find something
in town.

What's the room rate at the Marriott?

"Pauline O'Connell" wrote in message
m...
I'm going. Not taking any classes. Flying into Nashville & driving to
Paducah. Staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. We're a small group of 8
&
for most of us, it will be our first time going. One of the girls wanted
spend a night or two in Nashville & go to the Grand Old Opry, so we're
all
going to see Dolly Parton. I've never been to a country music concert,
so
it should be fun!

Pauline

"YvetteMichele" wrote in message
Are you going? If so, what classes are you taking?

--
Yvette in MI

Old April 15th 05, 08:35 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Just a suggestion, if you're interested. I'm staying at Jackson Oaks,
a new senior apartment complex. My Mom lives there, so I reserve
the guest room. It was suggested last year that they might rent out
some of their model apartments for the quilt show week. I haven't
heard anything since and I don't know the price for those (mine is
$50.00 per night and includes breakfast) and it might not be your cuppa
tea. But a thought.

joan

Old April 16th 05, 01:51 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Joan - that sounds like a bargain! How far out of Paducah is it? May have
to think about for the next trip! We're staying at the Courtyard - across
from Hancocks & I've had our reservations since last May & was lucky to get
them! They had a large group cancel & I was on the waiting list.

Pauline
oups.com...

Old April 16th 05, 02:25 AM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Jackson Oaks is in Paducah, not far from Lourdes Hospital. It's a
lovely facility, well run, friendly and good food, too!

joan

Old April 16th 05, 04:45 AM
DDM

When my friend and I went 3 years ago we stayed in Cairo, IL (actually just
north of the town out by the interstate). It was about a 35 or 40 minute
drive away, but it was as close as we could get and we had started calling
the Sept. before to make reservations. We ended up going to some wonderful
little local restaurants for breakfasts and dinners that we wouldn't have
gotten to otherwise. The only mishap was the night we drove back to the
hotel and when we had crossed the bridge into IL I turned left instead of
right. It put us on a verrrry long bridge that had a sign at the other end
that said "Welcome To Missouri". It took about a week to get the stunned
look of our faces! Have fun at the show, I'll just sit around next week
turning green with envy. g

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old April 16th 05, 05:30 PM
KJ

Major depression here. I may have to resign from the newsgroup this week
with all the Paducah talk. This is the second time in the last 10 years
that I haven't been able to go. I may have withdrawal symptoms. Missing
the quilt show and nursing a sick computer just might do me in this week!
Everyone have a safe trip and spend lots of money for me. Tell the guy in
the basement vendors who sells the African fabric that I'll miss him. sniff
sniff.

Old April 16th 05, 07:26 PM
KJ

There are greater tragedies on the world though. That was just my little
whine for the day.
However, one reason I can't go is a nice one. DD (my baby!) is giving her
senior recital for her bachelor's degree requirement. Where did the time
go??

Local Quilt Show teleflora Quilting 6 September 5th 04 05:38 AM
Finally - went to my first quilt show! muse9 Quilting 0 July 20th 04 06:18 PM
Rosemont Quilt Show Report (long) Susan Laity Price Quilting 4 March 30th 04 06:25 AM
Tucson Quilt Show Carolyn McCarty Quilting 3 January 20th 04 03:08 AM
Back from quilt show shhdesigns Quilting 8 July 19th 03 08:22 PM