Web Site design, is this copyright protected?

Old August 2nd 03, 05:26 PM
Lee S. Billings

In article ,
says...

Thanks Mary, that statement was clear and to the point, and just what
I thought. I guess some people are either not aware of this (even
though I had copyright statement on every page of my website). I
think they were just lazy and in a hurry to get a web site set up, and
totally disregarded the copyright laws. Their lack of education
regarding copyright is surprising.

Don't discount the possibility of independent invention. I haven't seen your
site and therefore can't make any claims about how likely it is that someone
else could come up with a similar layout on their own, but coincidences do
happen... and if you didn't look at anyone else's site while designing your
own, *you* could be the independent inventor!

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old August 3rd 03, 08:59 PM
Dr. Sooz

I hear you. Sheesh! I hope they did it accidentally -- all on their own --
instead of stealing yours. What's WRONG with people?!?!?! arrgh

Hi Sooz: I guess most is the incorrect word there. It just surprises
me when I designed my web site, I purposely don't look at other
peoples websites so that mine will look different and unique. And lo
and behold within a week someone else in the exact same medium
utilizes the same layouts as my website (except for the border). To
me it almost seems like a form of plagiarism, which is severly frowned
upon.

~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old August 5th 03, 01:28 PM
Dawn

realistically how many ways are there to skin a cat? er I mean set up
a web page. Serendipity happens for everyone . . . everyone is
inspired by the same God/nature. To always assume that people are
copying you, like people are out to 'ruin you' is very tiring. ~An
artist creates from an idea. . .but they think about it first and it's
in that thought where the magic of originality occurs.~ Dawn